YMMV: Dead Ringers
YMMV for the Television/Radio program:
- Alternate Character Interpretation: A sketch on the radio show reveals that James Bond only sneaks into secret bases because he's a planespotter.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: The sketch in which Amy Winehouse sings a parody of Rehab about wanting to get into the bathroom so that she can be sick because she's incredibly drunk. Not only because she later died of alcohol poisoning, but also because it emerged that she'd suffered with bulimia.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The Fourth Doctor suspected there was something alien about the London Eye. When Doctor Who returned, the first episode involved the Nestene Consciousness using the Eye as a transmitter.
- Magnificent Bastard: Blair in the earlier seasons, before he was portrayed as Bush's stooge.
- Memetic Badass: Brian Perkins.
- Suspiciously Similar Song: Notably avoided for the most part due to their targets usually also being BBC productions, though there were a couple of exceptions.
YMMV for the 1988 film:
- Acting for Two: Irons plays both twins, often in seamless splitscreen.
- Award Snub: Although he managed to claim the Best Actor prize from the New York Film Critics Circle (NYFCC), Jeremy Irons failed to receive an Oscar nomination for his dual work as Elliot and Beverly.
- Fake Nationality: English actor Jeremy Irons playing two Canadians, though it's not impossible that they could have been born in England and immigrated to Canada at a young age.
- Prop Recycling: The Mantles apparently got Orin's dentist tools for gynecology.
- Visual Effects of Awesome:
- The effects to create two Jeremy Ironses onscreen are remarkable for the time. Especially a scene where they walk past a bunch of candles, with none seeming to change height while crossing the screen.
- Another flawless scene shows the two Jeremy Ironses walking and talking side by side. You can see how they made the impeccable split here.