- Alternate Character Interpretation: Irena is apparently considered clingy and jealous for being bothered by her husband confiding personal things about their marriage to his American co-worker Alice. Since her husband ends up leaving her for Alice, it actually seemed rather sensible of her to be worried.
- He didn't so much leave her as she turned into a panther and went into display at the zoo.
- But he decided to divorce her before that happened.
- He also confided with Alice about his sex life with Irena while they're still married.
- Awesome Music: The David Bowie song that appears at the end of the 1982 remake.
"I've been putting out fire..... (growl) WITH GASOLINE!"