YMMV: Captain EO
- Awesome Music: "Another Part Of Me."
- Ear Worm: "We Are Here to Change the World".
- Fridge Horror / Designated Hero: Hang on... so the plot is EO and crew visiting an alien world, confronting its (apparently) rightful ruler, and using mysterious powers to brainwash and mutate the inhabitants against their will? And these are our heroes? According to the script, EO is giving the Witch Queen and company a "gift" by unlocking their inner beauty, but it still seems suspect. (There's no indication that they had been transformed by a malignant force beforehand.)
- Heartwarming Moments: The entire audience applauding and cheering when Michael Jackson comes on deck, a week after re-opening at Epcot.
- So Bad, It's Good: By modern standards. The demand for its return to the Disney Theme Parks stems from a combination of Dead Artists Are Better and Nostalgia Filter; as A.V. Club writer Amelie Gillette wrote, "Why wait in line for hours to watch Captain EO at Disneyland when you could just pluck your eyeballs out and roll them over a Muppets poster while listening to Bad, and get the same effect?"
- Special Effects Failure: The matte lines used to insert Fuzzball into the film are visible in several scenes. The puppets themselves don't fair a whole lot better either, just being a step above that of The Muppets.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: At all locations, this film had a lot of in-theater effects in its original run — smoke, lasers, and flashing lights, plus an opening effect in which a starfield expanded beyond the borders of the screen — that were eliminated when it was closed and replaced with Honey, I Shrunk the Audience. For the 2010 revival, rather than restore the original effects, the Disney folks decided to replace them by adapting effects that were created and used for Honey — such as having the seats vibrate in sync with the bass beat during the songs. Fans and even the professional travel guide The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland were not impressed (the latter found the vibrating highly annoying).