YMMV: Books of Samuel
- Depending on the Artist: David, oh so very much.
- Ho Yay: David and Jonathan were like the Naruto and Sasuke for medieval Yaoi Fangirls.
- Values Dissonance: Basically, Saul lost his divine support after disobeying divine orders by being insufficiently thorough committing a genocide in which every man, woman, child and animal of the nation of Amalek was to be exterminated.
- What make this passage even worse is this story was used as late as the 1980s as a object lesson in obedience in teaching materials for North American childrens Sunday Schools.
- Wheelchair Woobie: Mephiboseth.