YMMV: Bomberman Hero
- Awesome Music: The game has an excellent Drum & Bass/Ambient Techno soundtrack by recurring Bomberman composer June Chikuma.
- Base Breaker: Nearly the entire Hero-only cast.
- Contested Sequel: Hero was significantly different than any other Bomberman title to date, most notably in the absence of any multiplayer mode. The game received middling reviews and has generally been looked on as a misstep by the series.
- Ensemble Darkhorse:
- Shocking Swerve: The plot twist that Evil Bomber is behind the whole thing makes no sense, comes out of nowhere, and adds nothing to an already anemic story.
- The Scrappy: Princess Millian, who's more or less Bomberman's answer to Princess Peach.
- That One Boss:
- Natia and Cronus.
- The second fight against Bolban. You have to fight him underwater using the Bomber Marine, and he attacks with heat-seeking missiles that will frustrate you to no end.