YMMV: Battle: Los Angeles
- Cliché Storm: A group of Marines, one about to get married, one trying to gain citizenship, one two days from retirement, one with a baby on the way, one a fresh faced rookie, one struggling to cope, and one who lost his brother, use the power of teamwork and More Dakka to defend the United States from an Alien Invasion.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Many of the trailers have parts of "The Sun's Gone Dim And The Sky's Turned Black" by Johann Johannson as their soundtrack.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: When Nantz decides to go after the drone control center alone, the other Marines come along, despite his orders to stay behind, as well as knowing that it's most likely a suicide mission.
- Paranoia Fuel: The aliens can hide anywhere where's enough water, including in your pool.
- Aliens dragging you off to do God knows what.
- The Problem with Licensed Games: The Battle: Los Angeles game is a mediocre FPS with below-average graphics that came and went.
- Sci-Fi Ghetto: Mixed reviews, but the scifi fans seem to enjoy its realistic depiction of how an alien invasion could go. In particular, aspects that have been lauded in other films were less so in this one because it wasn't 'real', such as the faux documentary style that involves Jitter Cam.
- The director himself said he didn't want to make a science fiction movie but rather a war movie in which the enemy happens to be aliens.