- Award Snub: One of Pacino's many acting performances in The '70s that got nominated for an Oscar and didn't win.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome:
Kirkland: [shouting] My client, the Honorable Henry T. Fleming, SHOULD GO RIGHT TO FUCKING JAIL! THE SON OF A BITCH IS GUILTY!!!
- Harsher in Hindsight: Judge Fleming being prosecuted for rape in this film shows the apple does not fall far from the tree in light of Jeffrey Tambor, who plays the increasing mentally unstable and guilt-ridden lawyer Jay Porter, being recently faced with sexual harassment accusations.
- Hilarious in Hindsight/Harsher in Hindsight: The similarly-named Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice For All also has a Crusading Lawyer blackmailed into defending a client he knows is guilty.
- Nightmare Fuel: What happens to Jeff - an innocent man who still ended up going to jail despite all the evidence, and is cruelly raped by the prisoners and killed by the guards because of it - is enough to make you question the entire legal system.
- Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped: The American legal system has serious flaws, then and now.