- Award Snub: One of Pacino's many acting performances in the Seventies that got nominated for an Oscar and didn't win.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome:
Kirkland: [shouting] My client, the Honorable Henry T. Fleming, SHOULD GO RIGHT TO FUCKING JAIL! THE SON OF A BITCH IS GUILTY!!!
- Hilarious in Hindsight/Harsher in Hindsight: The similarly-named Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice For All also has a Crusading Lawyer blackmailed into defending a client he knows in guilty.
- Nightmare Fuel: What happens to Jeff - an innocent man who still ended up going to jail despite all the evidence, and is cruelly raped by the prisoners and killed by the guards because of it - is enough to make you question the entire legal system.
- Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped: The American legal system has serious flaws, then and now.