YMMV: A Giant Sucking Sound
- Heartwarming Moments: Ann Richards meeting with the families of the victims of the Columbine massacre. She doesn't put blame on anyone, she is willing to lend an ear to the victims rather than all the pundits.
- Stephen Colbert celebrating Ann Richard's victory. After getting shot in the leg and mourning Wellstone's death, he really did earn it.
- Harsher in Hindsight and Hilarious in Hindsight: Donald Trump entering politics and becoming president.
- Iron Woobie: Jeb Bush. While his brother was too depressed to continue politics after their father is killed, Jeb is able to carry on, and become Governor of Florida earlier than OTL and later President of the United States.
- Jerkass Woobie: Ross Perot is at times, an ill-tempered and nasty prick. But during his term he has deal with many destructive terrorist attacks, nearly being assassinated, and then being wrongly accused of being bribed by the Chinese government, all of which drive him into fear and paranoia, so you can feel sorry for him.
- Moral Event Horizon: Paul Wellstone's murder for Stormfront.
- Nightmare Fuel:
Clay Mulford:We were literally astonished, all the staff along with the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Defence, the Secretary of Commerce, the National Security Advisor, the Chairman of the Joint Chief of Staff, the CIA and FBI Directors, and all. The President had just put the phone back after speaking with Ambassador Holbrooke who immediately put the blame on the Aum Shirinkyo cult, and we were now receiving images from a camera embarked on the USS Carl Vinson, which happened to be near Nagoya at the time. We could still see the mushroom cloud rising from the ashes of the city, barely distinguishing the lights of the city on fire, the boats left without home port and drifting… An atmosphere of total apocalypse. Total annihilation. What Armageddon might have looked. I never saw the President like that, and he was my father-in-law. His eyes were filled with tears, he remained dumb, shocked, gaping and staring. The only thing he said after five minutes was, " 'Please, Jeane. Tell me it’s not my fault.' "
- Nagoya getting nuked especially Clay Mulford's account.
- David Duke's execution. You don't really pity the jerk, but seeing him scream and beg for his life is pretty unsettling. The warden of the prison committed suicide a couple of years afterward.
- Stoic Woobie: Ann Richards has to deal with Iraq falling into chaos, Stormfront terrorism, the Columbine massacre, recession, awful rumors about homosexuality, a belligerent Russia, and the Freedomites and Republicans all opposed to her domestic agenda. But her response to this is a calm face, and a cigarette in her hand.
- The Woobie:
- George W. Bush, after his father his murdered.
- Stephen Colbert. Being wounded by an assassin, and reading his tearful recollection of Wellstone's murder, having worked for him, will make you want to hug him and tell him it will be alright.
- Newt Gingrich, of all people, becomes one. Losing one of your colleagues by an assassin's bullet, and the being left paralyzed from the waist down makes you one.