Tropers Online: 3,942
[ Login for more options ]
What Happened To The Mouse: Advertising
- + Create New
- Tony Jr., who was on the first Frosted Flakes boxes with his father Tony (who replaced Katy the Kangaroo). He disappeared in 1956, only to come back as a Brick Joke in 1977 as the mascot of Frosted Rice.
- When Frosted Rice moved over to be a product of the Rice Krispies line, Tony Jr. again disappeared.
- The ever-popular "Jack" mascot of Jack in the Box restaurants was originally...well, a jack-in-the-box. He was blown up, box and all, in a memorable 1980 TV commerical that at the time was supposed to symbolize Jack's attempting to rebrand itself as a more "sophisticated" restaurant. Fifteen years later, after the image makeover had failed miserably, Jack returned, "thanks to the miracle of plastic surgery", Jack returned as a human with a big plastic clown's head and took his revenge on the advertisers by blowing them up.
- Bob and Quienno, the other two chefs of Cinnamon Toast Crunch; the most common and accepted of Epileptic Trees is that Wendell killed them.
- There was a British TV campaign in which an alien from the planet Zarg claimed his world was dying and could only be saved by a soft drink called Quosh. Nothing was ever heard from Zarg again, and one can only fear the worst.