Pinocchio 3000 (or P3K, Pinocchio the Robot) is a 2004 Canadian-French-Spanish computer-animated film by Christal Films. Like A.I.: Artificial Intelligence, it is a futuristic science fiction interpretation of the classic tale The Adventures of Pinocchio, where Pinocchio is a robot brought to life by tapping into a city's power surge, rather than a puppet animated by magic.The story centers on the basic legend of Pinocchio attempting to fit into living with humans, having difficulties, becoming frustrated with them, and eventually overcoming them. Most of the base elements and characters have been used, in different forms.The story takes place in the town of Scamboville, a futuristic city constantly under development under the reign of its namesake, Scamboli.
This movie provides examples of:
- Composite Character: Scamboli was named after Stromboli, yet what he does is more like the Coachman.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Scamboli.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Scamboli does love his daughter.
- Evil Brit: Scamboli, given that he's played by AlexDelarge
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: It's astonishing that anybody would trust a man named Scamboli.
- Setting Update
- Trope 2000