Western Animation: Mama Mirabelle's Home Movies
Mama Mirabelle's Home Movies is a 2006 CBeebies and PBS Kids Sprout TV series set in the African savanna that focuses on Mama Mirabelle and three principal young characters, Bo the cheetah, Karla the zebra, and the titular character's son, Max.This show is animated using the same software that Peppa Pig is animated with.
Tropes that apply to this series:
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: Mama Mirabelle and her mom only wear hats.
- Bat out of Hell: Slightly averted with a young bat named Merlin.
- Crossdressing Voices: Max and Bo were voiced by females. Max was voiced by Teresa Gallagher, and Bo was voiced by Jules de Jongh.
- Disembodied Eyebrows: This one goes one step further— certain of the characters, most notably Karla, as a member of the main cast, appear to have a disembodied eye when shown in profile.
- Honorable Elephant: Mama Mirabelle and her son Max
- Humanlike Foot Anatomy: Bo and Karla. The former has feet that are just toes and the latter has feet that are just hooves.
- Medium Blending: The home movies that Mama Mirabelle shows to the children are live-action clips of African animals.
- Once per Episode: The home movies.
- Partially Civilized Animal
- Roger Rabbit Effect: Shows up periodically during the live-action animal clips described above.
- Sliding Scale of Animal Communication: Level 7
- Title Theme Tune