, The Wonder Team.
Having just transferred to the huge city of Onyx, 11-year-old Frank and his younger sister Gladys just happen to come across a small gang of boys and girls playing soccer in a courtyard. However, the sibling immediately notice that the kids are not playing conventionally: they're mixing up soccer with their respective favored sports, resulting in a very acrobatic and spectacular style of play. Intrigued, Frank and Gladys accept to join the gang... and soon after a rather awkward game, they get the idea of creating a new soccer team, with a new and eclectic play style. With some difficulty, they manage to recruit the eccentric retired player Pat Murphy, and the team of the "Meteors" is born. Will this new team manage to climb all the way up to the top in the Gominor Cup, the soccer tournament organized by the most powerful man in the city? There might be some problem, considering that Mr. Gominor is, to say the least, extremely biased against the Meteors and wants them to lose... but the kids have a secret weapon on their side: their newly invented play style, the Kung Foot, which allows them to perform above and beyond their normal skills! Even so, the way to the campionship will be an uphill climb... and that's not even taking into account the fact that some of the kids are moving their first steps on the way of love!
A funny French cartoon in 26 episodes, broadcast in 2009.
This shows contains examples of:
- Acrofatic: Rudy, the goalkeeper of the Meteors.
- Bald of Evil: Gominor.
- Big Bad: If this show has one, Gominor is it. Though he's fundamentally just a petty Jerkass.
- Black Best Friend: Paolo, Yacine, Silvia.
- Brother-Sister Team: Obviously, Frank and Gladys.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: One would never think that the laid-back hippy Murphy would be such a good trainer.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Gominor.
- Ear Worm: "Nous on's adore", the French opening song.
- Fallen Hero: Gominor used to be a soccer player himself, and from what can be gathered, he was rather popular.
- The Fashionista: Kim.
- Fat Bastard: Gominor and his Dumb Muscle aid Boris.
- Fiery Redhead: Frank and Gladys again.
- Idol Singer: Kim would like to be one. When she has to choose between that and her soccer carreer, though, she chooses the latter.
- In the Name of the Moon: When the Meteors start using Kung Foot.
- Ineffectual Loner: Whenever Paolo forgets that there's no 'I' in a team, this usually happens.
- Kid Hero
- Love Triangle: One of these is soon estabilished as Paolo and Rudy both try to get Gladys' attention. Frank is not amused. And no, it's not resolved at the end of the series.
- Mundane Made Awesome: Karate kids playing soccer is Serious Business.
- One of the Boys: Can be said of pretty much all the girls in the Meteors.
- Positive Discrimination: Pleasantly avoided. All players in the Meteors are treated with the same standards by the writers.
- The Power of Friendship: More than Kung Foot itself, this is what allows the Meteors to win.
- Puppy Love: Frank and Kim. They end up being the Official Couple.
- You Go Girl