Western Animation: Da Boom Crew
Da Boom Crew was a very short-lived 2004 cartoon series created by Bruce Smith (The Proud Family) that aired on Kids' WB!. Fourteen episodes were made, but the show was such a ratings disaster that only four of them were aired in the United States; the last 10 aired (un-dubbed) in the United Kingdom.The plot: Four children create a homemade video game, and a power surge throws them into the game. The show details their adventures in this parallel world. They embark on a quest to find their missing game cartridges and stop the villain Zorch from taking control of the cosmos.
This show contains examples of:
- Cheese-Eating Surrender Monkeys: "Great Commander" Blurp is a coward who "scares easily" and he speaks with a French accent despite being from outer space. He isn't even the most offensive stereotype in the show.
- Cut Short: Big time. Only 4 out of 13 episodes were aired in the U.S., though it did have a full run in the U.K.
- Expository Theme Song
- Flat Character: One of the main reasons of the canceling of the show was that the main characters just weren't interesting. Along with having some rather bland design, they didn't have much going for them personality wise.
- Jive Turkey: Half of our main characters.
- Pretty Fly for a White Guy: The other half.
- Mind Screw: It's not made clear whether they got sucked into their game or they just happened to get transported to an alien world exactly like it. Thanks to the show being cancelled we may never find out.
- Not a Game
- The Millennium Age of Animation: It failed to do well during that age, though.
- Totally Radical: If the title didn't tip you off to this, there's a lot of it in the show.