This short contains examples of:
- Death of a Thousand Cuts: The Spectre traps Aimee in a tornado of 100 dollar bills and makes them both completely rigid and razor sharp. She quickly dies in a bloody mess.
- Genre Throwback: To 60s/70s style horror like Rosemary's Baby and The Exorcist and detective/crime movies like Dirty Harry.
- Greed: Why else does Aimee do what she does?
- The '70s: Where the short takes place.
- Shooting Superman: Aimee fires several shots into Jim and they go straight through him. Then she throws the gun at him and it goes through him as well.
- Shout-Out: Some of the puppets resemble Nosferatu and the possessed girl.
- Vehicular Assault: The Spectre possesses a target's car and drops it nose down on him.