Have you ever thought the world would be better if dogs were rainbow colored? Have you ever wished that wolves had wondrous wings, that foxes flew on feet of flames, that dingoes dressed to disco dance?Wajas
is a virtual pet site which revolves around breeding and collecting the wolf-like "Wajas."
These are essentially ordinary dog breeds with various cosmetic alterations, such as those found in the quote above. Several special, fictional breeds also exist. Breeds include Normal, Egyptian, Corsie, Fire, Tempest, Plushie, African, Water, Earth, Divine and Bane. Fur color changes can be achieved via 'dyes' which can be purchased for in-game currency or real money. Breeds and dyes apparently retail for anything from USD$18 to USD$60.
This website provides examples of:
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: There is no color a Waja can not be.
- Bribing Your Way to Victory: Exclusive items, custom Wajas, and account upgrades can all be purchased Crazy Waja Points, which in turn are purchased with real money.
- Creature Breeding Mechanic: Breed, color, markings, and mutations are all traits that can be bred for. There's an enormous range of options and no predefined goal, so it's rare to find two players who are trying to breed for the exact same result.
- Eyes Do Not Belong There: The Shoulder Eyes mutation, which is Exactly What It Says on the Tin.
- Fifteen Puzzle: One of the available games.
- Gender Bender: Changing a Waja's gender is as simple as feeding them a specific kind of pear.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: Certain contacts can give your Wajas these.
- Meaningful Name: The term "Waja" comes from the Cherokee word for "wolf."
- Mix-and-Match Critters: The mutations allow for this. It's entirely possible to have a Waja with the wings of a butterfly, the horns of a sheep, and the teeth of a smilodon.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Spitz Wajas
- Spin-Off: Wajas were originally made for a site called Pony Island before receiving their own game. Nowadays, however, the two games have almost no relation.
- Virtual Paper Doll: There are hundreds of accessories that can be purchased for your Wajas to wear.