Webcomic: What It Takes
What it Takes centers on Colbey, a martial artist who survives the end of the world. Armed with knowledge, experience and a machete, she is searching through what's left for a man named Peter Wolfe. You can read it here.
This comic provides examples of:
- Action Survivor - Justified in that Colbey had survival training before the flip.
- After the End - The story takes place after civilization has fallen due to an unspecified event known as "the flip."
- Any One Can Die - And they probably will. As seen with Fortune Cookie, may he rest in peace.
- Bad Ass Preacher - Scot if there ever was one.
- Boom Head Shot - Subverted? Not? After all the shot went straight to the throat.
- Boyish Short Hair - Justified, as this is in part a matter of survival.
- Brand X - As evidenced by that Built Frod Tough truck.
- Cosplay - "No larping on duty!"
- Crap Sack World - "My life sucks!"
- Curse Cut Short - "Arthur can go fu"*kick to the stomach*
- Groin Attack - Seen here.
- Flashback - A few shown now from before the end.
- I Did What I Had to Do - It's the after effectsthat aren't pretty.
- Leave No Witnesses
- Living MacGuffin - She's searching for Peter, who is perfectly fine living in pretty much the last city
- Mooks - Pretty much every one of Arthur's goonies Colbey encounters. Dead faster than you say w-wai-!!*gunshot*. link. In fact you can sign up to die as a mook in the comic.
- N-Stac How does Colbey keep meeting people from before the flip? N-Stac.
- Precision F-Strike - Or rather... a Precision FS strike.
- Utopia Justifies the Means - Everything was going great with rebuilding the university until Colbey realized anyone too old, young, or inconvenient was just being executed...