Webcomic: Thistil Mistil Kistil
Thistil Mistil Kistil is a fantasy webcomic by Sarah Schanze.The recently deceased Coal must complete a quest for the gods in order to gain acceptance into Valhalla, but he needs to track down the trickster Loki and get his help. No easy task when the god is the reason for his troubles in the first place.Meanwhile a slave girl, Hedda, is threatened with Human Sacrifice after her master dies, and a boy named Ibrahim travels from Spain to Denmark.Starts here.
- Attempted Rape: The sacrifice ritual includes it.
- Country Mouse: Neither Coal nor Hedda are familiar even with towns.
- Crush Blush: Because of the shirtless scene
- Cunning Like a Fox: Loki takes this form.
- Damsel out of Distress: She is hardly a warrior woman, but escapes on her own power.
- Death Glare: Odin has a good one.
- Due to the Dead: Coal minds if you go after his mother's grave goods.
- The Dulcinea Effect: Coal's explanation of why he rescued Hedda is not very coherent.
- Evil Uncle: Coal's real ones. Not much else has been said about them.
- Girls Have Cooties: Coal's most strenuous objection to taking Hedda with them.
- Interrupted Intimacy: After Coal rescues Hedda, he goes to tell Loki who's a little busy.
- In the Back: The first thing Loki does when he meets Coal is to stab him in the back. It's not effective because Coal is already dead and, thus, immortal. Loki knew this and was just being a jerk.
- In the Blood: Coal's father was a berserker. Coal's eyes turn red whenever he berserks out.
- It Was a Gift: How Coal explains a possession to the gods.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Coal seems to be a good person, albeit a short-tempered and quarrelsome one.
- Known Only by Their Nickname: Coal. According to Word of God, his real name is "probably something like Humperdink."
- Must Be Invited: Loki's valley is supposed to work like this.
- Shirtless Scene: a natural consequence of Coal's having a weapon stuck entirely through him — and his shirt, tunic, and cloak — and Hedda's mending.
- Textile Work Is Feminine: Hedda mends Coal's clothing.
- Torso with a View: Averted, as Coal's chest and back show no evidence of having a sword thrust through them.