Webcomic: Strawberry Death Cake
She's really a nice girl (as long as you're not a demon...)Strawberry Death Cake
is a webcomic
about Marylin, a demon hunter working for a secret organization called the Black Ministry
that fights to protect the against the threat
of Demons and other malicious paranormal entities such as ghosts, zombies and vampires.
Webcomic updates Mondays and Wednesdays.
Art and Story by Elliot Dombo
This webcomic provides examples of the following tropes:
- Badass Normal - Jessica. She has a military service dad, and seven older brothers. She's not afraid of guns.
- Big Freakin' Scissors - Marilyn's weapon. JUST LOOK AT IT!
- Boom, Headshot - Seen here.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer - Kendall. She's the Black Ministry's founder's granddaughter. She's a whiz-kid at computers. She's an incorrigible butt- and boob-groping lech...and she's the cutest thing in pigtails since pigtails were invented.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience - Normal scenes are black, white and red. Flashback scenes lean heavily on yellow and orange (although Kendall's pigtail holders are red). The midnight world is black, white and blue, although the Ministry car, its driver/passengers and occasional speech bubbles are still b/w/red.
- Cool Car - Connor's sweet ride.
- Cute Bruiser - Marilyn, especially in her Flashback Cut younger life-stealing form.
- Cute Little Fangs - See Connor, here.
- Dark World - The Midnight World.
- Government Agency of Fiction - The Black Ministry.
- Impossibly Cool Weapon - If someone doesn't have one, it's because they are one.
- Ineffectual Loner: Marylin after the time skip. Before she was actually willing to look after her friends, Kendall especially. Now she seems annoyed by the presence of partners. So much so that she plans to disobey orders to go it alone for a mission she was given alongside the other girls.
- Les Yay - Kendall. Specifically, Kendall and any other nearby female with breasts.
- Lovable Sex Maniac - Kendall. Oh My God in Heaven, KENDALL!
- Magic Skirt - Averted, every single time.
- Meganekko - Kendall.
- Moose Are Idiots: Winston.
- Ms. Fanservice - Every female in the comic, with the possible exception of ones in background crowds.
- Of Corsets Sexy - Marilyn's default outfit.
- OurWereMooseAreDifferent Sir Winston S. Moosington.
- Panty Shot - Jason's first glimpse of Marilyn.
- Playboy Bunny - Jessica during the Pimp!Kendall arc. Also, this Intermission.
- Power Perversion Potential - Kendall's possession by Ripper the Hat.
- Schedule Slip: Goes through a lot of them due to the author being busy with personal matters.
- Shout-Out - Oh, so many! Pure Pwnage, gets one here. FPS Doug would be proud...
- Stripperific - It's difficult to find a mature female character that is covered up.
- Tempting Fate: This can't possibly get any worse.
- Time Skip: The comic went on hiatus for a bit when the author had to sort some things out, stating she was toying with the idea of a reboot. When it returned it's revealed that the comic takes place some time after the last one.
- Unsound Effect - Seen throughout the comic, but many examples are here and the following page.
- Written Sound Effect - Mixed with many UnsoundEffects here.
- Zettai Ryouiki - Marilyn [always], occasionally Jessica, and Flashback!Kendall.