was the infamous webcomic by Shmorky of The Flash Tub
fame, and hosted on Keen Spot
. It ran from 2000 to 2005, and raised controversy when in 2007 one of its comic pages was blatantly traced and hung in an art show.
The protagonist in the comic would be Purple Pussy, a violent feminist cat who goes on zany adventures with her friends. The comic frequently experimented with various art styles, humor, and the occasional story arc, balancing out hysterically vulgar humor with surprisingly emotional moments. An internet classic.Not For Children.
This webcomic provides examples of:
- Alliterative Name: Purple Pussy, Betty Bunny, Poopy Puppy... everyone pretty much.
- Anything That Moves: Foxy Fox, who is a carrier of over 72 different mutated STDs. "If she can't have sex with it the normal way she will find a way to fuck it."
- Art Evolution: summarized here, along with the maturity of its humor.
- Art Shift: The comic changes styles frequently, from super deformed, to anthro, photo realistic, and is drawn on many different mediums, including photoshop, flash, claymation, MS Paint, crayon, and even mario paint.
- Art-Style Dissonance: Quite possibly one of the greatest examples
- Bitter Sweet Ending: In the end of the comic, suddenly everyone moves away forever, leaving Betty and Purple all alone. They then decide to leave the comic together.
- Black Comedy Rape: Cyan Cid was originally introduced after date-raping Purple.
- But Now I Must Go: It turns out that Spooky is an alien, as are all goths, and she ends up leaving to return to her home planet.
- The Cameo: In the last page of the comic Purple Pussy and Betty Bunny turn into Bitch and Eartha from Shmorky's previous webcomic ''Living in Greytown''.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Basically the entire comic is one long stream of profanities.
- Coming-Out Story: When it's revealed that Purple and Betty Bunny are lesbian lovers, which was actually handled surprisingly tastefully.
- Creator Thumb Print: Outside of his renowned crass humor, Roofie Raccoon's obsession with old school games is based on the creator's preference for the video games of the eighties and nineties.
- Dada Comic
- Disney Death: Shelly Squirrel is told that she will die soon by her doctor. She reminds him this is a comic, and as such she'll be back the next day in perfect health. She doesn't come back.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Purple really hates Sid.
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: Parodied here
- The Fellowship Has Ended: In the end of the comic, everyone moves away.
- Funny Animal
- Furry Confusion: I have a cute cat. ... wait, I'm a cute cat...
- Furry Fandom: Many people mistook it for being a furry comic. Purple Pussy has an entire story line parodying the fandom when one character starts up a new art style called "foody", and soon it becomes a huge fetish on the internet.
- Gamer Girl: Roofie Raccoon is a nerd who is obsessed with playing the same ancient video games from the eighties over and over again.
- Gass Hole: Pretty much everyone but Betty, who simply can't fart.
- Goth: Spooky
- Granola Girl: Betty Bunny, who is The Stoner amongst the girls.
- Has Two Mommies: Betty Bunny has two lesbian mothers.
- Homoerotic Dream: Betty has one involving her and Purple.
- Informed Flaw: Roofie Raccoon is much fatter and uglier than the others, and has a nasty yeast infection. At least this is what we're told, she looks just like the other characters.
- Journal Comic: Roofie Raccoon has one. And no one reads it because it's terrible.
- Killed Off for Real: Shelly Squirrel.
- Meaningful Name: Poopy Puppy eats poop. Though she eventually starts smoking instead, so Purple would let her join the gang.
- Missing Mom: Poopy Puppy's mom had died when she was little... Or did she?
- No Periods, Period: Averted. Menstruation is one of the comics most treasured topics of humor.
- Official Couple: Purple and Betty
- Old Shame: Most of the original first few comics he is deeply ashamed of, as they are nothing more than simple vulgarity without any real jokes, which is why he keeps them out of the main archives.
- Pac Man Fever: Roofie Raccoon only plays Atari and other 8-bit games.
- The Pollyanna: Poopy Puppy, at first anyways.
- Prayer of Malice: "Dear God, make everyone die. Amen."
- Really Gets Around: Foxy
- Replacement Goldfish: The moment Shelly is outta the picture Purple starts holding try outs for a new member of the gang.
- Schedule Slip: A large part of 2004 and 2005 were nothing but small doodles and sparsely updated. Much to everyone's frustration.
- Shout-Out: To Strangers with Candy, in this comic
- Roofie Raccoon's favorite game is Clash At Demonhead. Which she plays over and over, in high definition on her giant tv, so she can savor each individual pixel of the hero.
- To Sinfest, here.
- Smoking Is Cool: Shelly Squirrel and Poopy Puppy, "I'm not cool because I smoke. I smoke because I'm cool."
- Straw Feminist: Purple, she doesn't so much care about equal rights as much as she just really Does Not Like Men.
- Take That: Besides the many directed at the readers, they spend entire story lines dedicated to mocking the Atkins diet craze, as well as manipulative cartoon channels like Nickelodeon
- Toilet Humor: Poopy Puppy is pretty much the embodiment of this.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Purple and Betty