Webcomic / Project Naruko
Thanks to the Sexy no Jutsu, Naruto
has time and again been the target of Rule 63
. Naruto's transformation has been dubbed 'Naruko
' and is even considered a separate character by many fans.Project Naruko
takes this several steps further, Gender Flipping
the entire cast.
Set in an Alternate Universe
, Pritz's Project Naruko
explores a reality where everyone was born the opposite gender of what they were in Canon
. The project consists of Character Sheets, short comics and the occasional drabble. Some of the material is NSFW
This Fan Work contains examples of:
- A-Cup Angst: Nejiko has a bit of this, due to being on the same team as Giru-sensei and Leigh.
- Action Girl: Pretty much the whole cast.
- Aloof Older Sister: Sasuko takes on this role with Naruko, contracted with Sakuro acting like a Big Brother Bully towards his blonde teammate.
- Attempted Rape: The enemy ninja who captured Leigh on a mission were about to take things this far, and were stopped only by Nejiko stepping in.
- Author Appeal
- Bi the Way: Again, nearly every character is implied to swing both ways.
- Bifauxnen: Nejiko, unsurprisingly. Tobi also deliberately obfuscates her gender.
- Boobs of Steel: Leigh and Mai Giru, who Naruko nicknames 'Busty boobs' and 'Super-busty-boobs-sensei' because of this.
- Boyish Short Hair: Naruko has short-cropped hair, while Leigh has a bob.
- Broken Bird: Kakashi. Shika also becomes this following Asume's death; it's explicitly stated that this hardened her heart, and she refuses to show emotion.
- Character Sheets: Pritz has been working on 'Age Sheets' which show what everyone looks like before and after the Time Skip. These charts also contain various information, and sketches of key moments in the timeline.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Prior to her Heel–Face Turn, Gaara-chan was like this towards her own older brother.
- Covert Pervert: Inner Sakuro reacts to all sorts of stimuli, much to Sakuro's secret shame — he's terrified that showing any interest in anyone else will upset Sasuko, despite her disinterest.
- Cruel to Be Kind: After protecting Leigh in "Cocoon", Nejiko gives her a "The Reason You Suck" Speech. Word of God attributes it to this, with Nejiko hoping that she'll stop putting herself in harm's way by giving up her quest to prove herself.
- Darker and Edgier: While kunoichi are regarded as equals to shinobi in this universe, it's established that this wasn't always the case, and that not everyone fully accepts the new status quo. Attempted rape is implied, and certain Stations Of The Canon are implied to be more severe — for instance, Sakuno cutting his hair involves gouging the back of his neck while trying to cut off Kin's hands entirely.
- Defeat by Modesty: Zig-Zagged for laughs in Leigh's battle with Gaara; the sand shreds her jumpsuit, but Leigh isn't fazed... until she finally notices what happened. Then she freaks out, while Giru-sensei encourages her to keep defying it by pointing out she's still bigger than Gaara.
- Dirty Old Woman: JiraJira (female!Jiraiya), as shown in this comic
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: Sai is so pale she's practically sheet-white.
- Everyone Is Bi
- Girlish Pigtails: Naruko had these as a child, but cut them to shreds because bullies kept pulling on it all the time.
- Hotter and Sexier
- Important Haircut: Giru used to have Rapunzel Hair, but cut it short when she vowed to become stronger.
- Incest Subtext: Hinted at with the Sand Siblings.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: Giru and Leigh both appear oblivious to the effect their looks can have on others. This is Deconstructed to a degree, however, as both have had to cope with rape attempts and are thusly aware they can be seen as lust objects.
- Law of Inverse Fertility: Played for tragedy with Asume and Kuunai, whose attempts to start a family fail until Asume, not realizing their recent success, is fatally wounded by Hidane.
- Like Brother and Sister: Inou and Choko. However, Inou is also confused about his own affection for her, leading to him teasing and goading her more.
- Long Hair Is Feminine: Several kunoichi have noticeably longer and/or thicker hair compared to their canon counterparts. Sasuko, for instance, has hair that extends all the way down to her waist while still keeping the top styled like her male counterpart.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Sakuro and Inou's match during the Chuunin Exam.
- Not Good with People: Shina relates much easier to her kikai than she does her peers. While she tries to adapt the methods used by bugs to human relationships, it doesn't work very well.
- Protectorate: Sakuro finds himself in this position for Naruko and Leigh, while resolving to take on the role of protector for Sasuko and the two Tomboys.
- Pudgy Girl: Though Choko is pretty petite compared to her counterpart Chouji, she's still given a lot of flack over her figure. Ironically, while viewed as too pudgy for a 'normal' kunoichi, she's actually dangerously underweight by her clan's standards, giving her body image issues from both sides.
- Rape as Backstory: Implied in Giru-sensei's Flashback.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Yoshimaru, Shika's father.
- Skirt over Slacks: Shika wears this when she's younger; judging from what she did to Kin, this is deliberately done so she can humiliate male opponents by forcing them to take off their pants without exposing herself as well.
- Stations Of The Canon
- Statuesque Stunner: Giru-sensei.
- Stripperiffic: Mostly commonly along the lines of Sensual Spandex.
- 10-Minute Retirement: Following Asume's death, Kuunai leaves Konoha out of sheer frustration and grief. He returns a week later, but retires from active service as per her last request.
- What Is This Thing You Call "Love"?: Gaara has difficulty grasping positive emotion, equating it to a strange 'heaviness'.