Webcomic: No 4th Wall To Break
No 4th Wall to Break was a webcomic by Chris Whetstone which ran from May 21st, 2002 to July 5th, 2008. It featured a variety of bizarre characters, most of which were fantasy creatures or living objects, and were set in a world tenaciously tied to our own with a yellow backdrop. It was initially drawn on large post-it notes, but switched to computer graphics early in it's run. It was notorious for several instances of Schedule Slip, the longest of which was between December 2007 and July 2008, and has ultimately resulted in the strip ending for the time being.
This webcomic contained examples of:
- Author Avatar: Chris was originally a God-like voice, but eventually entered the strip's world as a stick figure labeled "ME." The "ME" label was eventually dropped.
- Back for the Dead: Bucket of Ice Water.
- Big "NO!": Otto was prone to these, usually while standing in a large field and combined with Skyward Scream.
- Brother Chuck: Walt, who appeared in two strips and eventually returned (with requisite Lampshade Hanging) as a plot point, as did Wendy. The "I want to devour your soul" smiley face also qualifies.
- Canon Immigrant: Quote Guy, once The Repository Of Dangerous Things ended and said dangerous things were distributed to other webcomics.
- Continuity Nod/Mythology Gag: The strip was laden with these in its later years.
- Put on a Bus: Odin. Yes, that Odin.
- The Unseen: Wendy.
- Talking Animal: Los Mosquitos, though they only speak Spanish and therefore don't say much besides "¿Qué?" and "Furia de Los Mosquitos!"