is a fairly unkown webcomic by Mike "Grimwit" Rojas.
It follows the adventures of Saffron Sativus, who happens to be the feared serial killer, Jack Splatter. These include encounters with a copy cat serial killer, the anti-christ, Sherry (a masochist who wants to die), and many other people besides. The story is fairly complex, but it's easy enough to forget the story when Saffron is brutally butchering her latest victim.
The comic also occasionally takes breaks to show the life of Joy's Shoulder Devil
, including her training at the hands of Devil Slash and various other misadventures in Hell.
If you like Gorn, than you'll probably enjoy this comic. Otherwise... You might want to give it a miss.Find it here
This webcomic contains examples of:
- Aborted Arc:
- Abuse Is Okay When It Is Female on Male: Averted and inverted. Very little of the violence is played for humour, and when it is, it goes both ways.
- The Antichrist: Still just a brat, but already running The Syndicate
- Art Evolution:
- Author Avatar: Grimwit has occasionally appeared in the Shoulder Devil arcs.
- Asshole Victim: Some of the people Jack Splatter murders are very bad people. Most of them aren't.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: All incarnations of Joy definitely apply.
- Ax-Crazy: Jack Splatter. Devil Slash tends to be.
- Body Horror: All over the place.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Joy again.
- Creator Breakdown: Grimwit has had plenty, and will probably continue to struggle. It's amazing that the comic is still up.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?:
- Did We Just Have Tea with Cthulhu?: Regularly, though very few notice it.
- Enfant Terrible: Saffron was fairly normal. And then one day she ate her mother's eyes, and everything went wrong.
- Eldritch Abomination: Rhyma and Iden, plus afew others.
- Fire and Brimstone Hell: Shoulder Devils live here, so that's where their arcs take place.
- Gorn: Oh, you better believe it.
- Good Angel, Bad Angel: Everyone has shoulder angels and devils, and whole arcs center around the misadventures of several of the shoulder devils.
- Improbable Weapon User: Jack Splatter once killed a man with a roll of toilet paper, leaving a bloody mess.
- In Love with Your Carnage: Sherry loves Saffron, at first simply because Saffron brutally murdered several people right in front of her.
- Interrupted Suicide: Sherry badly wants to die. Saffron won't let her.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: There are a lot of bad people that have very bad things happen to them. Including Saffron
- Mad Eye: When Saffron goes all Jack Splatter, her eyes go funny.
- Mary Sue: Saffron is close to this, but it's mainly averted.
- Morality Pet: Played with in Sherry.
- Mysterious Past: Saffron/Rhyma
- Nightmare Fuel: About half the comic if you aren't careful.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Saffron, Sherry, and the author
- Religionof Evil: Not really a cult of anything, so much as one of everything.
- Slasher Smile: Jack Splatter has a pretty epic one.
- Serial Killer: Saffron/Jack Splatter.
- Sympathetic Murderer: Averted. If you can sympathize with Saffron, seek mental help.
- Villain Protagonist: Saffron/Jack Splatter/ Rhyma