follows the story of a girl who wound up in another dimension after walking into a parking garage
The world into which Amity wandered has been dragging people from other dimensions into its own for as long as anyone can remember. Unfortunately, most don't live long enough to find their way back. Amity's lucky enough to have appeared in the world near a somewhat non-hostile resident, whose father takes her under his wing for the time being.
This webcomic provides examples of:
- Aliens Speaking English: Subverted. How is it that people from another dimension speak English? They don't. Otherworlders speak and understand all languages.
- Arrow Catch: Guere pulls this off pretty well.
- Audience Surrogate: Amity. Clearing up plot holes and odd pronunciation galore!
- Brother-Sister Team: Kit and Ket.
- Cast of Snowflakes: Even with unimportant mob characters, author Jeinu takes care to construct unique characters. Apparently he gets ticked off at Only Six Faces and even made a tutorial series about it.
- Chiaroscuro: Extensive use in darkly lit scenes.
- Easing Into the Adventure
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: Kit. Just... Kit. Not so much Ket.
- The Faceless: The masked man.
- Future Shadowing: Amity is shown with longer hair and different companions. Word of God says this won't make sense for another three years.
- Green Eyes: Kit and Ket.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Averted. There's a four-day time-skip, during which Amity apparently asked the same questions over and over, but all her previous memories are intact, if fuzzy.
- Na´ve Newcomer: Amity.
- No Pronunciation Guide: Averted. Amity acts as an Audience Surrogate to get proper pronunciation across. Seen here and here.
- Purple Eyes: The sclera (the "white"), not iris.
- Rainbow Speak: To some degree, with the speech bubbles.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: At least, that's how it is for the Alodian citizens...
- Scary Shiny Glasses: The masked man's first appearance.
- Siblings in Crime: Kit and Ket are being set up as the story's villains, and they are brother and sister.
- Tap on the Head: Results in a concussion, causing memory problems (see Laser-Guided Amnesia), headaches, dizziness, and confusion.
- Technicolor Eyes: The otherworlders have red irises and purple sclera, and people native to Amity's world have blue sclera (which changed to the otherworlder scheme when Amity got transported).
- Trapped in Another World: Amity and Guere.
- Waking Up Elsewhere: After waking from a tap on the head in an open field, Amity finds herself sitting at a table indoors.