is a dark fantasy webcomic created by Jesse Hajicek
and Sarah Cloutier.
The webcomic is set in a modern urban setting and follows the life of Star Tyrian, a gun-for-hire who has far too many encounters with the metaphysical. While the prologue deals with Tyrian's backstory, the main body is a too-fast-to-follow description of what can happen when the forces of Good hire a hitman to do their bidding.
- Ancient Conspiracy - Both the good and the bad guys.
- Anti-Hero - Star.
- Apocalypse How - At least one faction has been introduced as having no desire other than to bring about Armageddon. Sure, both the good guys and the bad guys think they're pathetic, but they exist and they're active.
- Awesome McCoolname - "My parents named me Star. No joke."
- Blond Guys Are Evil - Milo.
- Demonic Possession - Played straight and inverted. Both demons - and - angels can possess the living, and demons can also possess corpses.
- The Empath - Star. Being an assassin does not help his mental state.
- Freudian Excuse - Star is the most prominent example, but not the only one. It works because bad decisions are acknowledged to play a part as well as bad luck.
- Gratuitous Japanese - Lampshaded by one of Zander's shirts.
- Ho Yay - Too much to count between Star and Zander, though since they're both openly gay and have admitted to liking each other and shared at least one passionate kiss, at this point they're practically Yaoi Guys.
- Jerk Ass / Jerk with a Heart of Gold - Star, again.
- Outgrown Such Silly Superstitions - Oddly enough, in a webcomics about angels vs. demons, it's played straight.
- Jane: I know what your thesis is on. you can't possibly think Cherubim are flying babies.
- Power at a Price - A couple of characters, including Zan are the willing hosts of angels. The price for this is that they can't eat meat, have sex (apparently defined as anything past first base) or swear oaths. The consequences of violating this agreement have not been spelled out yet, but are implied to be pretty dire. And Word of God says it still counts if Star tops.
- Shoot the Dog - Star, when he kills his boyfriend out of mercy, after Jaime's soul is returned, leaving him a screaming vegetable.
- Schedule Slip - After a slip of years, it's finally started updating again.
- Talking Is a Free Action - Averted. In combat, almost no talking takes place for just that reason.
- Volleying Insults - Star and Zander
Zander: Overgrown adolescent.
Star: Frustrated fascist.
Zander: Gym queen.
Star: Nancy boy.
Zander: Ass bandit.
Zander: Shirt lifter.
Star: Pillow biter.