The name Bastardface really fits with this guyFuse
is an online comic hosted on SmackJeeves
that follows Tammy Sullivan, a student by day and the hero Starkeeper by night. The story takes place in Centro City, a place that appears nice enough but hides a dark underworld of slums and gang violence. One gang in particular known as Badstar is Starkeeper's number one enemy. She spends many a night of her summer vacation ruining everything they do, and it's not until school starts again that things become serious. A rogue known as Bastardface opens her eyes to a darker side of Badstar, and she's in far deeper than she wanted to be.
This comic will soon be rebooted on its own website domain. The comic is starting over with an updated plot. When the comic starts up again, the old tropes will be removed.
The first run of the webcomic provided examples of:
- Action Girl
- All There in the Manual
- Alt Text: Only on the Smackjeeves host
- Art Evolution: The prologue was grayscale, the rest is color. The art has definitely improved since it began.
- Big Bad: Badstar.
- Bland-Name Product: "FaceSpace"
- Blue Oni Red Oni: Starkeeper and Bastardface
- Cool Mask: Bastardface, everybody else in Badstar...
- Dodgeball Is Hell
- Foe Yay: Bastardface often teases Starkeeper by telling her how much he likes her.
- Gang of Hats: Badstar and their masks, or the Neons in chapter one.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: Subverted, the glowing red eyes are the reflection from a huge red neon sign. That doesn't make it any less relevant though...
- Groin Attack: With a shovel
- Inner Monologue
- Off Model: The school classroom
- Lampshaded by the artist, "Want to play a fun game? Go through pages 2 to 5 and watch the placement of the students. They're pretty much playing musical chairs via my inconsistency."
- Made of Iron: Starkeeper has crushed a police car just by landing on it, and has smashed through the roof of a house. She's gotten up fine from both.
- Meganekko: Sam.
- Muscles Are Meaningless: See Punched Across the Room
- One-Man Army: Starkeeper against Baddies
- Ordinary High-School Student
- Panty Shot: Lampshaded in the Alt Text whenever one appears
- Le Parkour: Starkeeper can jump from moving car to car, and Bastardface must know it if he can manage to fall off a building and disappear.
- Punched Across the Room: Here
- Red-Headed Hero: Tammy and Sam, though they're really just gingery
- Scary Shiny Glasses: Sam when at her computer station
- Shout-Out: King Radical appears in a poster here
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Tammy is reckless, Sam disapproves.
- Soft Glass
- Stalker with a Crush: Romeo
- Stealth Pun: Starkeeper is falling through the air. Cue a little girl wishing something would happen. Something does.
- Super Strength: It's looking that way with Starkeeper, but nothing's been confirmed
- Triple Shifter
- Urban Fantasy
- Victoria's Secret Compartment: Where did Starkeeper put the knife Bastardface gave her?
- Webcomic Time
- Wide Eyes and Shrunken Irises
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair