Webcomic: Flight Of The Binturong
The main cast of Flight of the BinturongFlight of the Binturong 
is a space adventure long-form webcomic about two disgraced engineers (Tom Harris & Jacob Shaw) who run a deep-space towing/service rig dubbed The Binturong
. The crew consists of Captain Tom Harris, First Engineer Jacob Shaw, Head of Security Sam Avery, and Pilot/Navigator Chen Salceda.
After living in relative self-imposed poverty and exile, the government comes to appeal for their aid in locating and returning a lost starship. The price for their help: permanent job security and a clean record. Now the Binturong crew will need to survive deadly threats from the dark regions of space, and uncover a terrible secret, before they ever see their payday.Flight of the Binturong
was written and created by Sal Crivelli (Garth Kirby & the Cookbook of the Gods
), with collaborator Nicolas Giacondino (Free Mars 
and Divinity 
) on art, with colors by Pedro Figue, and lettering by Wil D. Inspiration came from action-adventure science fiction films from the 1980's, and more recent space western
- Absent Aliens: The universe in Flight of the Binturong is established as having no extraterrestrials.
- Action Girl: The Sam Avery character is a prime example of the Action Girl, given her military background and penchant for firearms.
- The Alleged Car: The Binturong was a decommissioned towing rig that main characters Tom Harris and Jacob Shaw rebuilt with deep-space flying capabilities.
- Awesome Anachronistic Apparel: The crew of The Binturong adhere to a standard dress code of cargo pants and a tank top. Jackets are optional.
- Cool Starship: The Binturong has an old-school feel to it, while newer ships like The Adams or The Rand have a sleek, newer feel to them. The Boneskipper, however, gives credence to that feeling that evil is cool-looking.
- Deadpan Snarker: Everyone on board The Binturong is one of these from time to time (most notably, Chen Salceda).
- Faster-Than-Light Travel: Essential in your space-hopping adventures.
- Outgrown Such Silly Superstitions: There isn't an established religion in the world of The Binturong. There used to be, but few practice anymore.
- The Government: That oppressive force is always present in The Binturong, though their bureaucracy and deep connections with the company NAV Corp keep them from being especially effective.
- Hacker Cave: Chen prefers to call it the "Command Center."
- Space Trucker: The crew of The Binturong are worker-class folk just trying to eke out a living.
- The Metric System Is Here to Stay: All units are measured in metric in The Binturong universe.
- Used Future: It's dirty and lived-in. Just the way we like our sci-fi.