Web Video / New Villain Order
A web show focussing on the New Villain Order, a group of super villains on a quest to Take Over the World
. The show attempts to evoke the RLSH (Real Life Superhero) community, though it is arguable whether or not they actually killed Urban Avenger
The nVo thus far:
- Demon: The leader who, as you may have guessed, is a demon.
- Minion: Demon's less than bright henchman. Currently a free agent thanks to the expiration of his contract.
- Wolfgang: A werewolf.
- Mr. E: A bag masked individual dedicated to exposing corrupt cops and the resident legal expert.
- Chrome Dome: The robotic Head of Science. No longer a part of the group due to being The Mole for Coyle Command.
- Dr. Vorn: The ghost of a mad scientist who briefly worked with Coyle Command.
- The Shades: A number of villains with the same trash talking MO, outfit and accent. They are currently Mista Shade, Shade and Mr. Shade.
- Johnny Rocco: A Corrupt Corporate Executive who ran Meta Championship Wrestling and current leader after Demon's disappearance.
Has a rivalry with fellow villainous Youtube residents, Coyle Command
, together a part of the Metaverse.
The series currently stands in stasis, leaving it's last story arc resolved offscreen as it prepares to get back into business, having been halted by damage to series creator Johnny Rocco's
Become acquainted here: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrBadbandit/videos
This show provides examples of:
- Aborted Arc: Villainess, 'The Enchantress' had a video dedicated to her arrival, and hasn't appeared since.
- Ghost Vorn was supposed to also be a regular member, but only recieved his 'official membership' shortly before the show's Schedule Slip.
- The series itself has gone without conclusion due to a number of factors, mid story-line.
- A video by Coyle Command creator Kid-Sideburns reveals the Order of Villains retreated after Osmosis was sniped by Colonel Blitzer.
- Ambigiously Evil: Superman X. He has done nothing evil himself, and in fact has battled Lord Sock and Chrome Dome when they were on the rampage. That said, he has been listed as a member of the New Villain Order itself, despite having been implied as Demon's foe early on.
- All Thereinthe Manual: A lot of the story comes across better on the Facebook page. For example, on the show, Minion's departure is a six second video of him saying 'YAY, free agent, YAY.' In Facebook messages, he has voiced displeasure about working with Demon, who has been shown to miss him dearly. This also was the sole reason for there being multiple Shades until a recent video featured two having a discussion (Together on screen, no less).
- All Your Base Are Belongto Us: Chrome Dome takes over the nVo HQ shortly after posing as their new Head of Science.
- Alternate Universe: Several as of The Paralell Panic, primarily the home universe of Professor Chrome. Shortly after the story, a number of joke promotional videos were retocnned into these.
- Arch-Enemy: Mr. Shade and Knightfox seem to go at each other a lot.
- Back from the Dead: Doctor Vorn returns as a ghost after dying in his second appearance on Coyle Command.
- Big Bad: As leader, Demon is this, just not to the audience.
- Despite themselves being villains, Season 2 has the team threatened by Professor Chrome, an Alternate Universe Chrome Dome.
- Card-Carrying Villain: Demon's catchphrase is Hello villains. Not exactly subtle.
- Chronic Backstabbing Syndrome: Even when hailing from an alternate world, Chrome Dome can't be trusted.
- Corrupt Cop: Mr. E is on a quest to expose them.
- Completely Missing the Point: Meta example. Several viewers have taken Demon's negative talk towards several RLSH a bit too seriously. Even when the only bad thing he's said is 'we're evil, so we don't like them.'
- An ongoing rivalry with Coyle Command has seen the leaders kidnapped and a giant monster fought by the resident hero, Superman X.
- Dr. Evil shows up to do business in one episode.
- Reaches its logical conclusion in The War Continues, where Superman X does battle with Chrome Dome with cameos and assistance from other members of the Metaverse.
- Decoy Protagonist: As leader, Demon naturally ticked the Main Character slot. Abd then Mista Shade showed up...
- Did You Just Scam Cthulhu??: Well, Demon considers Dr. Evil the God of Evil. After agreeing to hold the world hostage together for a hefty ransom, Dr. Evil agrees to only take one million dollars, leaving what is likely going to be a lot more to the nVo.
- Eviler Than Thou: An early video suggests Demon killed Jason Voorhess and took his mask.
- Face–Heel Turn: Minion was apparently RLSH Eradicator before joining the nVo with promises of money.
- Kaiju: Coyle Command 's Lord Sock battles Superman X in 'The War Continues.'
- Killer Robot: Chrome Dome takes over the organisation with an army of these.
- Mad Scientist: Chrome Dome was head of the Science Division while he was on board.
- It would appear he has since been replaced by the ghost of Coyle Command character Dr. Vorn.
- Me'sACrowd: Possibly. So far it is not clear why there are multiple Shades.
- Mind-Control Device: Created by Chrome Dome.
- Minion with an F in Evil: Minion, of course. He initially cheers on Knighthood after being told he gives food to the homeless, and in general doesn't seem very evil on his own.
- He seems to have gotten better since he left the NVO, being brought in by Mr. Shade as a Specialist in torturing Knightfox.
- Monster Clown: Jay Insano, fittingly, of the Joker Gang.
- Mundane Made Awesome: In a rather good use of green screen, Demon and Coyle Commander finally face off...in a game of Rock, Paper Scissors.
- Name's the Same: The briefly featured Mr. E, though faceless, has nothing to do with the infamous, blurry faced Mr. E the Meta community has come to know.
- Offscreen Momentof Awesome: Due to there being practically no budget, so far most significant moments happen off screen or with still images.
- Our Demons Are Different: According to Word of God, Demon can use Sith Lightning and teleportation.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: We so far haven't seen Wolfgang as a human, but Word of God confirms he has a werewolf relative.
- President Evil: Demon's current goal.
- Retcon: Chrome Dome was originally claimed to be from deep space until Coyle Command made him into a product of a mad scientist.
- A number of videos such as the Foax Hogan and Thomas Angry sketches were retconned into representing alternate universe forms of th NVO.
- Schedule Slip: Due to not recieving the required footage for a crossover episode, as well as the crashing of the creator's computer, the Paralell Panic storyline has remained unresolved for several months. This is especially noticeable, as the series was one of the most frequently updated in the [[Web Original/Metaverse]]
- Chrome Dome (usually) speaks in soundclips of Andrew Ryan from BioShock.
- Likewise, Jay Insano's dialogue is taken from Mark Hamill as The Joker.
- Dr. Evil's guest appearance is done in much the same way.
- Space Station: The new nVo HQ after the first was destroyed by Jay Insano.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Since his introduction, Mista Shade has been in almost every video. Fortunately he's been fairly well recieved.
- Take Over the World: Their eventual goal.
- The Bad Guy Wins: They're the Protagonists, its to be expected.
- The Dragon: Minion.
- The Mole: Chrome Dome.
- Troubled Production: The ending of the Paralell Panic/Season Two story arc has ended up without resolution due to difficulty obtaining clips necessary for a crossover, as well as the crashing of Johnny Rocco's computer, also putting a hold on his MCWseries.
- Villain Protagonist: Bingo.
- What Could Have Been: Originally the NVO's escape from Coyle Island was to be depicted, showing Jay Insano attempt to blow up CC Headquarters, forcing the Commander to release Demon and co. to help him. Due to sheer forgetfulness on behalf of the creators , they instead where rescued off screen by Superman X.