Web Video: Charlieissocoollike
How could you not
fall in love with that smile
Welcome to the world of Charlie McDonnell, a British twenty-something, YouTube
vlogger, band member of Chameleon Circuit
, and the epitome of Adorkable
. He can be found here.
Tropes used by charlieissocoollike:
- Affectionate Parody: In Charlie Is Not A Unicorn, of Charlie The Unicorn. Could just be Mind Screw.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Averted; he and Bridie seem to get along quite well, though they do jokingly take the mick out of one another repeatedly.
- Bad Bad Acting: In Cooking With Charlie.
- Big "NO!": At the end of the Coming Out video.
- Buffy Speak:
All will be revealed next week, here at the charliessocoollike-web-video-show-thingie-whatever-this-is.
- Crossover: Sometimes with nerimon (Alex Day), danisnotonfire, and the Vlogbrothers.
- Don't Explain the Joke: After Mr. Information gives false information about the five senses and Charlie gives the correct information...
Mr. Information? Ha. More like... Miss
Get it? See, I am calling him a woman, but at the same time, he gave you misinformation
, so it's like a... (to Mr. Information, who he has just punched)
What do you think of that.
Mr. Information: (weakly) That's a very clever pun, Charlie.
Charlie: Thank you.
- Downer Ending: The song Bread ends on a rather depressing note. Parodied in Why Women Scare Me.
- Felony Misdemeanor: Evil Charlie decides to torture Charlie by...THROWING WATER IN HIS FACE!
- Fourth Wall Mail Slot: On occasion.
- Halloween Episode: Scary Science.
- Harmless Villain: "Evil" Charlie from The Other Charlie:
Based on my personal level of evil, probably the best thing I can do at this point is, uhmm...uhh.... (loos through Evil Handbook of Evil) THROW WATER IN HIS FACE!
That..that's horrible. I like that one!
- He-Man Woman Hater: He doesn't hate women, per se, but he is terrified of them.
- Heroes Want Redheads: Many examples over the years.
- His favorite Disney princess is Ariel and he also loves Amy Pond.
- A lot of people, girls in particular liked his red hair.
- He also likes Felicia Day.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation:
- "Duet With Myself".
- "Rhymezone" thanks the website for what he sometimes views as poor imagination, also criticising himself for his dependence on it to a small degree.
- "A Song About a Song", where he mocks himself for not being imaginative, again, and lampshades the facts that he should really do a bridge but cuts the song short.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Formerly with Alex Day/Nerimon, as the two were once as thick as thieves. Nowadays, not so much.
- Hollywood Dateless: Commented on (and sometimes sung about) in reference to his inability to get a date and his previous romantic failures. This could just be because he's focusing on his personal life, as hinted at in "A Song About Love". He has a girlfriend now, though.
- Keet: Charlie is easily excited and struggles to sit still.
- Let's Duet: He somehow manages to do this alone.
- Madness Mantra: Parodied in one of his now-removed videos where he pretends to go mad over having barely any subscribers, continually chanting "subscribe" while playing an instrument until he passes out.
- Nerd Glasses: His "serious glasses".
- Nice Guy: Charlie is a friendly, polite and informative person who regularly does charity drives and PSA videos.
- Official Couple: Charlie and youtuber/filmaker emilieofnewgloom.
- Open-Minded Parent: Come on, not many moms would paint their sons purple or let them stuff marshmallows into their mouths until they puked.
- Poster-Gallery Bedroom: His "Wall of Stuff", which has gone through many iterations over the years.
- Product Placement: Accidental, and lampshaded, in Magic Mars Bars.
"I just want to make it clear that Mars Bars aren't sponsoring me to make this video. I could've said the whole thing exactly the same with Twixes and it wouldn't have mattered, they're not paying me, I promise!"
- Real Person Shipping: He was quite aware of the Cherimon (him and Alex Day) ship, even briefly singing "I Want to Be Mrs. Nerimon". Played for Laughs when the two were still friends.
- Redheaded Hero: For a time, then he cut the red off since he was tired of being called "Ron Weasley".
- Self-Backing Vocalist: Charlie produces a lot of his own music and therefore does a lot of backing vocals.
- Significant Anagram: From the "Coming Out" video: an anagram of "Artie Bloch" is Charliebot.
- Singer Namedrop:
"We make a perfect Charlie...."
- The Stinger: Quite a lot.
- This Is a Song: A few of his songs are this:
- “A Song About A Song”
Welcome to this song, which I wrote all myself
It's all about this song, which I did write
- “The Birthday Song”
This is a song that I wrote you for your birthday
- “A Song About Love”
This is a song about love!
- Time Travel: Discussed in, well Time Travel.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Charlie has an recurring fear of moths.
- Younger Than They Look: His sister Bridie. When Charlie mentioned her turning 15, some people said things like, "Holy shit, I thought she was about 17!" or "Oh God, and I was thinking that she's hot!"
You have just had the almost ''imponderable'' joy of reading the Charlieissocoollike tropes page, which makes you, like, cool!