Web Video / Chairman Nuke
is a fictional YouTube
personality created in June 2010 by an unknown YouTuber, quite similar to the characters of Stephen Colbert
. The saga of the Chairman began as a channel intended to parody a YouTuber named nuclearnight. Parody accounts are fairly common on YouTube, and are usually quickly forgotten. However, in this case, the channel had three things going for it:
- The person who made it was a very skilled video editor, creating some truly hilarious content.
- Nuclearnight was, at the time, one of the most hated people on YouTube.
- The Chairman was actually nicer than the YouTuber being parodied.
The character of Chairman Nuke is a Communist feminist
who hates prostitution, porn, capitalism and men (not necessarily in that order).
Sadly, some of her older videos are no longer available, but her newer ones are still quite good.
Chairman Nuke provides examples of:
- Affably Evil: The Chairman is surprisingly nice for someone who is planning mass gendercide.
- Ascended Fanboy: See Quirky Miniboss Squad
- Catch-Phrase: MOAR LIES!
- Dirty Communists: While the original nuclearnight is openly a Communist and admires Lenin, Chairman Nuke has expressed admiration for such feminist icons as Stalin, Pol Pot and Kim Jong Il.
- Even Evil Has Standards: An unusual example in that the term "evil" really only applies if you're nuclearnight or one of her friends. Many people who hate the real Nuke have blocked Chairman Nuke under the impression that she was "impersonating" the real Nuke.
- Evil Counterpart / Evil Twin: Twice. The first time, obviously, was the creation of Chairman Nuke. Later, Chairman Nuke's channel was temporarily closed, and she changed her name to Chareman Nuke. When her real account was re-opened, she declared CharemanNuke to be an impostor.
- The Faceless: Partial subversion. The Chairman has made brief appearances, as short clips of archive footage and stills of nuclearnight.
- Gondor Calls for Aid: This video.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Overlaps with Affably Evil.
- Quirky Miniboss Squad: Over time several real youtubers, who had shown continued support for her, came to fill this role within her videos, being referred to as members of the "Politburo." The official role-call is in this video.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: She interacts with real YouTubers, and frequently makes videos based on then-current issues on YouTube.
- Storyboarding the Apocalypse: This video.
- Straw Feminist: Duh.