— Pixel Girl
The Defrosters provide examples of:
- Author Avatar: It often seems like Pixel Girl is this for the Ice Queen.
- Catch Phrase: "Hey, Pixel Girl. How's it slammin'?"
- Complaining about Shows You Don't Watch: It's implied that Pixel Girl's hatred of World of Warcraft is this. Possibly also the Ice Queen's.
- Deadpan Snarker: Pixel Girl and, to some extent, Pixel Boy.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: James. He started as a one-note character to fill in for Pixel Boy during his World of Warcraft phase, but eventually became a full character with a fan base.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Metashore?
- Lampshade Hanging: All over the place.
- Precision F-Strike: "Fucking Emerson."
- Take That: Mostly at World of Warcraft, Degrassi The Next Generation, and random literature. Sometimes more of a lovable Shout-Out.
- Xanatos Gambit / Gambit Roulette: In episode 9, Pixel Girl implies that she is planning one of these to stop Pixel Boy from playing World of Warcraft. James helps her flesh out her plan, and even references the TV Tropes entries on the subject.