Web Animation / The Thwomps
The Thwomps is a webseries by Newgrounds
user Ian Kelly, known more as psycosis91
Urgently needs Wiki Magic
This series provides examples of:
- Bathos: When the thwomps were going to finish Bowser off, the movie suddenly turned into a parody of Tetris.
- Big Damn Movie: Episode four is twice as long, and is titled "Thwomps: the Movie".
- Deliberate Injury Gambit: After almost getting killed, Thwomp 1's last wish is the time warp.
- Drunk with Power: Thwomp 2.
- Evil Sounds Deep: Thwomp 2.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: It's a series about thwomps.
- Facepalm: Thwomp 2 after seeing the pokeys making a suicidal attack on a building.
- Floating Limbs: The thwomps all have hands but no arms.
- Glad I Thought of It:
Thwomp 1: What we need to do is to gather all thwomps, and take over!
Thwomp 2: That's a stupid idea. What we need to do is take over, by gathering all the thwomps.
- My Friends... and Zoidberg: Done twice in one sentence:
Thwomp 2: My fellow thwomps, twhimps, whacks, and... pimps...
Pimp Twimp: 'sup?
: ...and that boss from Oracle of Ages
that was pretty easy to kill!
- Hypercompetent Sidekick: Luigi to Mario.
- Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain: The thwomps before the movie.
- Large Ham: Thwomp 2 and sometimes Thwomp 1.
- Mundane Solution: Why go parody old legends to get a thwomp out of jail, when you've got a Gameshark?
- Only Sane Man: Luigi.
- Reset Button: The time warp.
- Road Runner vs. Coyote: The original series runs on this.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Marty, the green thwomp, upon seeing Mario and Luigi.
- Slow No: Thwomp 2 makes a short one when Thwomp 1 dies.
- Silent Conversation: Thwomp 1 had one with an imprisoned thwomp; it turns out even he couldn't hear it.
- Slow-Motion Drop: The mop.
- Subverted with the hat: A Lakitu is holding it with a fishing pole.
- Song Style Shift: Caused by Pimp Thwimp.
- Shoot Everything That Moves: Mario wants to squish everything.
- The Ditz: Mario.
- Taking Over the Town: The thwomps plan to take over Bowser's castle.
- The Starscream: Thwomp 2.
- Too Important to Walk: The two main thwomps are usually seen riding a flying platform with wings.
- Took a Level in Badass: The thwomps went from ineffectual sympathetic villains to being able to take over Bowser's castle.