(in Spanish, "Presidential island") is a Venezolan web animation. See the You Tube channel
All the presidents of Latin America, and the king of Spain, met in the 74º summit. But the luxury cruise crashed against an iceberg, and they all got stranded in a paradise island. Now, they must give up their dirty habits and do some actual work to survive... or fail miserably while trying.
Featuring the rank incompetence of
- Hugo Chávez (Venezuela)
- Evo Morales (Bolivia)
- Sebastian Piñera (Chile)
- King Juan Carlos I of Spain (Spain)
- Daniel Ortega (Nicaragua)
- Cristina Fernández de Kirchner (Argentina)
- Rafael Correa (Ecuador)
- José Mujica (Uruguay)
- Barack Obama (United States)
- Michelle Bachelet (Chile)
- Alan García (Peru)
- José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero (Spain)
- Lula da Silva (Brasil)
- Felipe Calderón (Mexico)
- Fernando Lugo (Paraguay)
- Manuel Zelaya (Honduras)
- Álvaro Uribe (Colombia)
- Nicolás Maduro (Venezuela)
- Juan Manuel Santos (Colombia)
- Enrique Peña Nieto (México)
- Mariano Rajoy (España)
- Dilma Rousseff (Brasil)
- Ollanta Humala (Peru)
Isla Presidencial contains examples of:
- Big Bad: Barack Obama
- Decided By One Vote: Being a community of their own, it was time that the island of presidents votes their own president. They made a political campaign, telling the others to vote for them. Then, they count the votes: a massive tie of 1-vote for everybody, except for Chávez, who got two votes (his own, and Evo Morales' vote)
- Everything Is Imperialist: Hugo Chávez warned everybody against the threat of the "evil imperialist volcano". Santos did not buy it. Is this supposed to be like the threat of the evil imperialist chimpanzees, or the threat of the evil imperialist coconuts?
- The Friend Nobody Likes: One day, the presidents were enjoying the calm, the peace, the birds singing, that nobody was fighting with anyone... hey, Hugo Chávez is missing! We have to go and search for him! The king of Spain asked, and everybody (except Evo) agreed, "Oh, come on, do we have to?"
- It's All About Me: Cristina Kirchner says "yo" ("me") between each 3 or 4 words.
- Large Ham: Hugo Chávez. Do you have a problem with him, petty yanquee imperialista?
- Speaks Fluent Animal: Nicolás Maduro, who speaks with birds. It is based on a time when the real Nicolás Maduro claimed that the late Hugo Chávez talked to him, reincarnated in a little bird. And that is not a joke, he really said that.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: It did not work. Many presidents have ugly and gruesome deaths.
- Not so Above It All: Che Guevara thinks that money is a capitalist poison that should be erradicated. But wait, don't leave without buying you Che Guevara T-Shirts! If you buy two, there's a discount for the third! All credit cards accepted!
- Rambling Old Man Monologue: Each time that Hugo Chavez starts talking, nothing stops him. Everybody else may leave or fall asleep, but he keeps talking and talking.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: Hugo Chávez did not "die" in the episodes, but he was suddenly missing, and some time later, the fat guy that talks with birds was left in the island as well.
- Rule of Funny: No iceberg could ever get so near the equator line, but a parody of Titanic is a very funny way to put things in motion, so who cares?
- Screw the Rules, I Make Them!: Playing a soccer match, Santos made a goal for the "Aligned" team. Hugo Chávez shouted "Exprópiese!" and nationalized the playing field. This soccer field now belongs to the people, and Chávez is the living embodiment of the people, so it was a goal for the Non-Aligned team!
- Silence, You Fool!: Chávez does this to Evo each time he tries to say something while he's talking.
- Yes-Man: Evo Morales, for Chávez.