There is a reason The Secret World didn't have a WMG page until December 16, 2012 at creationIf only because a game of this nature would have had a very long one by then. Specifically, the Council of Venice has been suppressing all speculation on The Secret World, just in case the guess comes too close to reality and risks to blow the masquerade.
Everything in the Everything is True Trailer will be implemented in the game....or otherwise be the central focus of future content. For Simplicity's sake here's is a list [X] The Signals disrupting our thoughts
[X] The Host that was here before us
[ ] The City on the Moon
[ ] The Missing eleven days
[X] The Earth is Hollow
[X] The Wagtails
[X] Portals in time and space
[X] The Bees returning
[X] The Eight that watch over us
[X] Solomon's key
[X] The Tower of Babel Mentioned in the Phoenician Lore.
[X] The Old Gods
[ ] The Ark of the Covenant
[X] Stonehenge's beacon
[ ] The Fountain of Youth
[X] Immortal beings
[ ] The Planet's aligning
[X] The End of Days
[ ] The Dark Places
[X] The Filth
[X] The Morning Light
[X] The Dreamers
[X] The Demons marching against us
[X] Lilith's Children
[ ] The Blight in the Garden of Eden
[X] Digging too Deep
[ ] Pandora's Box
The Tokyo Incident Team is alive and wellHowever, they have stayed in Tokyo to help contain the filth (with limited success) and are looking for Sarah.
- Partially confirmed as they return in the Manhattan raid zone.
Every hub will have a raid instance in the future.With the introduction of the Raid zone in New York, every hub will have to fight the filth, or other hostiles on home turf in similar raid instances. All in very public and highly populated areas. As a result Council of Venice agents will be running around trying to explain the situation to the increasingly suspicious public.
- The London instance will take place on either:
- Trafalgar Square
- Buckingham Palace
- The Tower of London
- The Seoul Instance will take place:
- Seoul Olympic Park
Related to the above: Future Zone predictions
- Confirmed. Issue 9 is the start of the Tokyo arc.
- New Orleans/Louisiana
- Various characters have mentioned it in passing several times as a supernatural hotbed.
- Venice, as home of the Council of Venice could serve as a neutral hub.
- If so then Venice's story segment will also have more focus on Investigation and Sabotage Missions working to smoke out the moles on the Council, Orochi or otherwise.
- Partially confirmed in Issue 8 where we visit the Sunken Library which is in Venice.
- And further sort of confirmed in Tokyo, with several intrigue/spy based missions
- Greece, see below to the whereabouts of the Sanctuary of Secrets.
- Area 51, with the revelation that the Aliens are actually a type of supernatural creatures the US Government has kept contained 'till now.
- One could include the surrounding Nevada desert for some Western influences — a Wild West Ghost Town turned Tourist Trap, Donner Party-style escapades, the ghosts of old gunfighters, a lost Mormon colony, Native American lore (specifically Paiute or Shoshone instead of Wabanaki), etc. And of course, giant radioactive (or Filth-infected) bugs from the more modern age. Alternatively, instead of Area 51, they could use Dulce Base in New Mexico instead for much the same feel, which would also allow them to get in the Anasazi ruins.
- Central America, given the importance of the Maya. This could also be where they implement dinosaurs.
- According to sources from Issue 11 a Gaia engine was unearthed from a ruined city in Antarctica.
- The Congo
- Some of lore in Issue 10 mentions the Congo. Also a different strain of Filth in Tokyo came from cargo aboard a ship from Africa.
- The Moon
- Norway. The Vikings have played a role in the lore, being the origin of the Draug, and it would also be an opportunity to mine Scandinavian folklore — trolls, huldras, nattmaras, Norse Mythology, etc. The country's occupation by the Nazis during World War II also creates an opportunity to bring in the Ghostapo. It doesn't hurt that the game's developers, including the original designer Ragnar Tørnquist, are Norwegian.
- Scotland, Cassandra King was last sighted there and it is inevitable that she and the players will meet again.
You are only partially in control of your characterExactly What It Says on the Tin. You're not really your character, you're actually The Bee that stung them. You and your character are in a symbiotic relationship but ultimately two different entities inhabiting the same body. This is also why your character demonstrates different skills than what 'you' selected, why you seem so intuitively directed in most of your missions (I mean, half the missions tend to involve characters not event TALKING TO YOU, they're just making offhand comments). Then again, maybe YOU'RE the character and the bee is you in the cutscene. which sort of segues into my next guess...
The Bees took our voicesAnd that's why we're all Silent Protagonists in cutscenes. The blessing of the Bees comes with a price, possibly as far as losing almost all communication skills. (we don't even nod or shake our heads when it would help)
- Incorrect, there are several cutscenes with gestures, as well as quests that require your character to communicate. Also, you can quite clearly ask questions about specific subjects. It is possible that characters are mute, but telepathic, but it is very clear that characters can communicate.
The whereabouts of the Sanctuary of Secrets and Melissonomoi?Considering their importance and involvement before Melissa's trail ran cold in Greece and the launch of the game, the absence of the Sanctuary of Secrets from the game proper is appropriately mysterious and worrying. So the question is what happened to them and are they okay?
The Dragon initiation ritual's female NPC is a Kumiho.The half-demon guard Akma who considers her his mistress, the name of the motel, that she hands out moments of 'perfect clarity', the geographic location, so on and so forth.
The Pyramidion is an artificial intelligence.He is basically the embodiment of the world's public telecommunications network. Which is why he is always quoting memes and random PA announcements.
Building on the above. He's the spirit of the Architect that built the LabyrinthineGeary mentions that the man who built it in the first place went mad and killed himself. What it it was the final step to finish the project. The reason he spews memes is that his spirit is now inhabiting the internet and it's a bit too much for him.
The Secret World takes place in the same world as Alan Wake, and the Taken are really people infected by the Filth.Kingsmouth wasn't the only small town to be affected by occult events. Bright Falls was hit by the Filth and taken off the map, along with one Alan Wake, before the secret societies even noticed. Alan Wake proved to somehow be immune to the Filth's effects, but the rest of the town did not, leaving Alan alone in a Filth corrupted version of Bright Falls with crazy, infected townies trying to kill him to prevent his immunity from ever being discovered and exploited. The Dark Presence is not the eldritch abomination itself, and is instead a single Dreamer sent to watch over the infection of the town. Alan's comment at the end of "It's not a lake, it's an ocean" is him realizing that he has only solved one very small portion of a much larger problem.
The Bees either carefully influence which faction finds the player character, or choose player characters to fit nearby factionsThree parts to this guess: 1. If the bee chosen people are to effectively fill their expected roles of protecting the world from filth issues, it makes sense to make sure they join the right faction. (The most extreme example of this might be, say, a rule focused "know your place/bonds of loyalty" person joining the Illuminati, but certainly having a more independent minded person in the Templar might not go well either. The Dragon could maybe work with most personalities, but some would likely be better fits as well for that faction.) 2. The bees have been gathering all sorts of personal information about all sorts of people for a long time, and with this history likely have the ability to accurately determine who would work well as a secret worlder and which faction each of those people would best fit with. 3. In a metagame sense, it would be a useful back explanation for why many players will dress, act, and think of their characters as having the personality of the factions, but almost no players will act as if their characters are misfits. There are two ways I could see this working: either bees simply choose people of a particular personality who are at the right place/time to get noticed by the appropriate faction, and/or they influence faction communication to ensure the "correct" faction is chosen.
- Then what does that say about the Bee Infused that are taken by The Hive?
The Dreamers are the Outer Gods and the Filth is a manifestation of NyarlathotepAfter all who else could it be?
- Literally anyone else. Nyarly's already been referenced and conflated with Akhenaten, who is, like Nyarly, called the Black Pharaoh. He even serves as the Mouthpiece of the Outer God Aten, just as Nyarly serves as the mouthpiece of Azathoth.
Carter's first name is Jack.It's a rare girl's name. It completes the Get Carter reference made with her Twitter image. It'd make sense that she's embarrassed enough by it to go by her last name.
Amatsu Mikaboshi is one of the many historical/mythological manifestations of The FilthIn Japanese Mythology Amatsu Mikaboshi is seen as a primordial chaos which existed before creation, was shattered and broken, and became part of it upon the creation of the world. There have been cults dedicated to it in ancient Japanese times (the mythical queen Himiko was thought to be amongst them), it is said to be a corrupting force turning love into obsession, anger into hate, etc., and finally, Amatsu Mikaboshi means "The August Star of Heaven". All of these run parallel to many themes of when a cult forms around The Filth and The Dreamers.
Cassie is IshtarShe is shown to have power similar if not more powerful than the Protagonist. She is very flirty but gets incredibly angry and vengeful the second she gets scorned. She seems to know a lot more than Even Loki/Beaumont knows. And she is wearing a shirt that says "Love" on it.
- Jossed according to the Buzzing Lore in Issue 11 Ishtar is identified as being Lilith. Additionally, the same person was also implied to be Athena and Juno.
Orochi is infected by the FilthThe plot kicks off with a Filth bomb at Orochi Towers. What if some Orochi executives were subtly infected, as there are levels of Filth infection. When they evacuated they are the reason Orochi keeps messing, and failing horribly, with the Filth.
- Somewhat jossed in Issue 11. There are individual sections which may be infected. But as a whole the organization is surprisingly filth free. That doesn't mean things don't go horribly wrong for them despite that.
The Dragon are a front of the Legion of Dynamic Discord.
The Dragon will become a real life Conspiracy TheoryWhether by Memetic Mutation of an inside joke, or not, the Dragon will over time be considered a real life secret society by Conspiracy Theorist.
The Tokyo Bomber becoming the Black Signal came out of the left field for all the parties involved, including Lilith and Philip MarquardI just like the idea that nobody saw it coming and now there is unexpected player. Especially since after Issue #11 John has been freed from all previous obligations to stay in Tokyo and it's anyone's guess what he's going to do next.
The fallout from the Tokyo arc will eventually lead to a Civil War in all of the factionsThis is most obvious with the Templar, as the Player and Richard Sonnac are both stated to be the "New Templars", and that they have earned the ire of the "Old Templars". Likewise, Kristen Geary makes similar (if more subtle) remarks about an "Old vs. New" dynamic at play in the Illuminati after The Talking Heads give her a Psychic Nosebleed. As for The Dragon, while getting Daimon Koyota as the new Voice of the Dragon seems to be a big score for them, his more "aggressive" approach to creating chaos is perilously close to Jumping Off the Slippery Slope, and he's just a single Moral Event Horizon away (such as, say, deciding to nuke a city off the map, or unleashing another filth bomb, just to see what kind of "chaos" ensues) to make a Face–Heel Turn.
There's more to an Age than time.Lilith says "time moves strangely when the ages flip," and she can't put a number on how many years are between the Third and Fourth Ages because of it. Given that the Third Age ended because a Dreamer woke up just a little bit, and a Dreamer is a Cosmic Horror that eats stars and does bad things to reality itself, the Ages may be distinct from each other in more abstract ways than the passage of time, resulting in the radically different ways technology developed in previous Ages, among who knows what other differences; perhaps in a previous Age, the Earth was flat or the center of the universe. At the very least, it may be more than the occurrence of an extinction event that ends an Age and starts a new one going.
Cassandra King is related to King Solomon in some way