Awesome: The Secret World
- At the end of your second faction mission for The Illuminati (You have to go to Shambala to retrieve an artifact of great power from a turncoat Templar) The Pyramidion reminds you he is not to be fucked with:
Pyramidion: If you ever tell anyone about this, you will be ejected from the Illuminati, charged, tried, and convicted for murder, spend the rest of your days locked up in a Federal Penitentiary... and then I'll really come after you. This should in no way be construed as a threat.
- In the Dragon edition of the same mission, your contact casually mentions that they not only arranged the rogue agent's defection, but his career, his upbringing, his conception- even the fact that his parents met at all; the only reason why this guy was ever born was because the Dragon needed someone in the Templars to go renegade!
- The into to "Revenge Best Served Hot." Bearing in mind that these next few lines come from two traumatized teenagers with no combat experience whatsoever, it becomes all the more awesome.
Aurelie: Werewolves, they are not an endangered species, are they?(Celine stands up, revving a chainsaw.)Celine: They are now.
- Next mission intro, Celine is hacking incoming werewolves to bloody shreds, while Aurelie snipes the remaining few with a rifle- at one point casually nailing one of the sneakier ones right between the eyes. Once again, these aren't trained soldiers; they're stranded backpackers with no experience in combat or even the most basic knowledge of the secret world.
- Carter finally getting the chance to cut loose with her powers in "Carter Unleashed." Watching familiars vanish in massive firestorms is impressive enough; the fact that this is an Escort Mission where the supposed damsel in distress is powerful enough to clear an entire room with one blast of magic just takes it to awesome new levels.
- Oh. And if you fuck up with timing she kills you instantly.
- Montag admitting that he has firsthand knowledge of how to subdue a rampaging familiar- proving that he's Headmaster of Innsmouth for a damn good reason.
"A teacher is only as good as his tools!"
- The intro to "From Carthage To Cairo." After being told that her deals with the Atenists will no longer be tolerated, Tanis pulls a gun on Säid. The mummy responds to this by sniffing the barrel and remarking that he smells gun oil, cheap perfume and desperation- before casually pushing the gun aside. For good measure, this actually pushes Tanis into frantically making counter-offers with all the wealth of the Phoenicians. Säid is not impressed.
"You've made your sarcophagus. Now go lie in it."
- "The Search For Tyler Freeborn" pits a very annoying Orochi helicopter against a Draug Warmonger. Put simply, the Draug wins claws-down.
- In "The Prisoner," you're captured by the Atenists and your powers are temporarily disabled... thus giving you a chance to fight your way out bare-fisted!
- Also in this level, the final beatdown you deliver to Saddur: after slugging him in the chops, kneeing him in the stomach, and headbutting him in the face, you kick him hard enough to impale him on a nearby pole!
- Arturo Castiglione making his stand against The Phoenicians who are blackmailing him to stall the faction agents from entering Tokyo.
Arturo: "I will not lay down anymore. I will defy the Phoenicians and all the looming powers!" *Answers phone* "What do you want? No. I will hold them back no longer. They are coming for you. They are ready. The time you imposed has sharpened the knives that will be at your throat. You have no more power over me. In vinculis etiam audax."