Jee-Han is immortalHis pact with Gnome stated they'd be together until his soul perishes.
The Existence Eater / Temporary Magician is Han's father ( or even mother )Both characters are conveniently absent from the story, yet referenced periodically as to remind that they are relevant to the story. The mother part comes from her mysterious disappearances throughout the story, and the current mother with a discernible level might infact be a very elaborate golem.
- Maybe they are both his parents?
- Jossed by Word of God in chapter 86.5
There would be a tournament arcReasons: The illusion barrier was created for fighting, and it's been hinted something's going to happen soon. Plus, it's a great chance to see other Natural Ability users.
Jee-Han will use his Life Drain ability to help or cure Hwan Sung-AhHer Black Demon's Invasion curse drains life force, and apparently her life expectancy is low even if she is given life force every now and then. However, once the Life Drain ability is levelled Jee-Han can use it to transfer life force, presumably spamming it like he does the Yunhon Soul Recovery. With this he can keep Sung-Ah healthy long enough to get his Soul Recovery to a high enough level to remove the Black Demon's Invasion altogether.
Hwan Sung-Ah is related to Jee-HanShe looks like the genderbent version of Jee-Han, and Jee Han father is actually dressed similarly like her father.
- Jossed: They're both Korean, and that's it. There have been numerous characters in formal business wear as well, and none of them are related to the Han household.
There will be an arc in which the Mana Farms come after Jae Han.
- Partially Confirmed. There have been several chapters where agents from The Abyss have tried to capture Jae Han for money.
Jee-Han may have the ability to save. Even if he dies, he can return to a point in the past and try again.Most RPGs have the option to save, and with that the ability to reload to the last save point at death, or even at will. If Jee-Han has this ability, he becomes nearly unbeatable.
- Alternatively, he can die, but will respawn later, just like any MMO character.
His refusal to even consider raising Wis will end up biting him later.Even worse, he won't raise Wis unti that moment cause he hasn't got the Wis to see how it could be beneficial.
- Jossed in chapter 67, he did raise his Wis.
Jee-Han is insane, or simply making it all up in his head.Because it needs to be contributed. None of this is real.
- Which begs the question of the actions of other characters that Jae Han is not present to witness.
Sun-Il is in love with Jee-Han.He might just be, it kind of seems that way after all.
- That's highly unlikely since the author hasn't foreshadowed anything of the sort. Jee-Han is one of Sun-II's closest friends so naturally, he cares a great deal about him and wants to keep him safe.e
Han Jung-Sook (Jee-Han's mother) has been replaced by a robot, a clone, or a shapeshifterOriginally, Jee-Han couldn't see his mother's level (implying that she was at a higher level than him by at least 50 levels), but then he could suddenly see her level (in the teens) and she started behaving oddly.
Sun-Il will pull a Face–Heel Turn.Because really, if you had been working hard since childhood and have your best friend beat you in a matter of months and bragging about it, anyone would be tempted to pull a face heel turn on him.
- There hasn't been anything that would indicate that Sun-Il actually harbors thoughts of betraying Jee-Han, most of those moments are played for laughs. While he is indeed jealous of his friend's insane growth rate, his fear of more powerful Abyss people coming after his friend that is acting like an arrogant idiot is overriding any thoughts of being jealous.
- It came dangerously close to being inverted in chapter 119.
Han Jee Han won't end up with anyoneIt's probably more of a Harem parody at this point. If it were dating sims, Han Jee Han is not really in anyone's route since he tried to built relationship (and have event) with every character.
- But isn't that how you get the secret harem option in some games?
- Jee Han's Gamer's Mind skill gives him the focused mind of a game character. He may have gotten the ESRB Teen rated version, removing his ability to romantically interact with women (but allowing innuendo, double entendre, and fanservice). This might qualify as Blessed with Suck.
Han Jee Han is Reality Warper.Not only he himself is the game character, everything around him works according the video game mechanics: people and monsters have levels, stats, abilities and drop loot; he can invite people to the party, and anyone joined similarly becomes game character, which, apparently, enables level grinding for them. So he converts the reality to the video game.
- Already kinda been confirmed, considering it's brought up that the world itself changes to suit his ability.
Han Jee Han's ability destroys the souls of the deadSun-Il mentioned that you cannot create something from nothing. It was mentioned that the zombies in the illusion barrier were created from the souls of the dead. It may be that the other monsters in other illusion barriers are formed in a similar fashion. Every time that Han Jee Han kills one of the monsters there is a random chance that the soul(s) used to create the monster is destroyed to create the "random drops" he gets.
- Somewhat confirmed. Lolikano explained that there are certain ID barriers which grant a similar ability, ie, convert souls into items (like Hwan Sung-Gong did), but Jae Han's ability is far more advanced, with items of much higher quality.
Han Jee-Han will use Fool's Act in a fight.There will be a fight where his partner is about to strike an enemy that is defending itself, and Fool's Act will be fundamental to distract that enemy so it can be defeated.
- Gloriously confirmed in chapter 119. It's both awesome and hilarious.
Audio and Visual interfacesThe audio option leads to things background music and translations of languages. The visual option change the heads up display and can show sub-titles when he listens to people speak or even see a speech bubble.
Jee-Han is Gaia subconsciously, or is Gaia's proxy in human form.How else can we explain the way the world conforms to his needs? Not to mention how the Masquerade seems stronger in close proximity to Jee-Han. For instance, you'd think pulling solid objects from seemingly nothing would raise some eyebrows, but it's only been commented on by people already aware of the supernatural.
Jee-Han is/will be Harem PrinceWell, the Harem King is protecting him. Either he was related to him or the harem king considered to take him as successor. After all, it seems Jee-Han has a harem of his own...
The harem king is...
- Jee Han's father.
- Cons against this theory : This seems too easy, overused trope, and already jossed. But hey, it's possible the author is lying, right?
- Jee Han's brother. If he wasn't his father, brother is the next best choice. They could be half siblings or even long lost twins.
- A clone.
- Alternatively, Jee Han is the clone while the harem king is the original.
- Jee Han himself from the future. This would explain his interest in keeping Jee Han's alive.
- Alternatively, it was his son/grandson/descendant from the future.
- Jee Han's sister. What? This is WMG!
- Unless he's a transgender, jossed. We see The Harem King in chapter 122, and he's clearly male.
Jee-Han won't learn how to summon elementals other than Gnome...
- But teach his friends how to summon their own. The requirements state they really only need to hold an affinity for the element they want to contract with, and they do have close associations with elements themselves.
- Shi-Yun's ability quite literally manifests fire from her soul. She could easily bond with Salamander.
- The Chunbumoon's clan hall inflicts debuffs to people without specific skills from their clan. Such skills had names including air, rain, and cloud. The Chunbumoon likely have a natural affinity towards Water and Wind, meaning Sun-Il and Sae-Young could probably bond with Undine and Slyph. Although who gets who is up for grabs...
- Sung-Ah has been constantly suffering from a darkness-based sickness for her entire life and the observe skill notes she actually holds darkness as a major domain, along with demons. While Darkness is not one of the 'classical' four elements, newer material have given the Darkness elemental the name Shadow. Plus, there is a lovable irony in the idea that the very thing that had been trying to kill her is now honor-bound to protect her.
- Jossed. Jee-Han eventaully made a contract with Salamander (fire), Nymph (water) and Sylph (wind) in addition to Gnome.