Why did the government order a bombing run on Raccoon City?
The issue here isn't how the government knows about the outbreak; that's obvious. The issue is what they know that made them decide upon sterilization of the area, as opposed to sending in the CDC. This is a B-movie type game, yeah, but it could be an interesting plot point. Conspiracies abound...
- Resident Evil 5 clears this up. They ordered a bombing run because they'd gotten nervous with what Umbrella was pulling; the President felt he could blame the company for what happened and keep the heat off himself in the process.
- Another, more pragmatic reason. By the time of the nuke strike, nearly everyone in the city was probably already dead. Not a lot of reason to risk a lot of soldiers fighting zombies and B.O.W.'s in close combat for no reason when you could just incinerate the city.
Nicholai is one of two things, "dead" not being one of them...
Seeing as no matter which ending you get in 3
, the other games hint that he's still out there somewhere without covering up his possible deaths, I've decided that he's probably either:
- A: An Empowered Badass Normal. Probably a part-Tyrant like Wesker, which always opens up the possibility of him being a recurring villain after the whole Raccoon City scenario, or at least appearing in one future game. Preferably one that includes Carlos. Though the fact that all serious villains seem to mutate/reveal themselves to be mutants would render that a little of a Wall Banger.
- B: A descendant of Rasputin... Somehow.
- Well, he was Russia's greatest love machine.
- In that case, Sergei could be as well - and so might H.U.N.K., it's not like we know his name or where he's from, and being Made of Iron is his defining trait. Umbrella could have deliberately sought to recruit as many descendants of the Trope Namer for Rasputinian Death and could, at least so it looked, magically relieve hemophilia for U.B.C.S.
The Nemesis parasite is related to Las Plagas
Fairly simple: both are Combat Tentacles
-based parasites capable of making the infectee stronger and more resistant to harm. This also provides a more gradual transition between Resident Evil 3 and 4.
- Well damn you. I thought I was going to be adding a new WMG to the page, but no. I do have more evidence for it though. Yes, in addition to the tentacles and effects on the host, the NE-alpha was created by Umbrella's European branch, and Resident Evil 4's NotSpain is the only place known to have Las Plagas.