Shout Out: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
- One of Jill's extra costumes mimics Regina's appearance from Dino Crisis, which was developed concurrently.
- The STAGLA gas station that is visited during gameplay has a De Lorean DMC-12 crashed out front, in a reference to Back to the Future.
- The ending sequence involves a missile strike on the city in a sequence that greatly resembles the end of the first Return of the Living Dead.
- When you reach the power station, you may get a Live Choice as to how to deal with an incoming zombie swarm. One option is to turn on the power to the exterior fence, which results in a sequence a lot like the ending of Return of the Living Dead Part II.
- Speaking of Return of the Living Dead, we see zombies rising out of graves in this one, something the first film did to great effect (and while raining, to boot).
- The game is a nigh on zombie take of The Terminator with Nemesis a nigh-indestructible monster who pursues a Action Girl Bad Ass through a urban environment, where Jill uses the series signature weapons (minigun, M79 grenade launcher, Winchester 1887, AMT Hardballer) where with the shotgun she even cocks one handed.