Shout Out: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
- One of Jill's extra costumes mimics Regina's appearance from Dino Crisis, which was developed concurrently.
- The STAGLA gas station that is visited during gameplay has a DeLorean DMC-12 crashed out front, in a reference to Back to the Future.
- The ending sequence involves a missile strike on the city in a sequence that greatly resembles the end of the first Return of the Living Dead.
- When you reach the power station, you may get a Live Choice as to how to deal with an incoming zombie swarm. One option is to turn on the power to the exterior fence, which results in a sequence a lot like the ending of Return of the Living Dead Part II.
- Speaking of Return of the Living Dead, we see zombies rising out of graves in this one, something the first film did to great effect (and while raining, to boot).
- Another Return of the Living Dead reference: Zombies rushing a police barricade is similar to the game's opening FMV.
- The game is a nigh on zombie take of The Terminator, with Nemesis as a near-indestructible monster who pursues an Action Girl through various urban environments, where Jill uses the series' signature weapons (minigun, handheld grenade launcher, Winchester 1887, AMT Hardballer) complete with a shotgun that she cocks one-handed.