WMG: American Horror Story
This page is for the entire anthology. For WMGs for individual seasons, try:
- American Horror Story: Murder House
- American Horror Story: Asylum
- American Horror Story: Coven
- American Horror Story: Freak Show
- American Horror Story Hotel
The seasons are not individual stories.Or rather, they are, but some or all of them will connect into a larger story.
- Confirmed by Word of God, right after it has been revealed that sister Mary Eunice from Asylum will be back in Freakshow... to take care of Pepper.
American Horror Story is a longform equivalent of "The Twilight Zone", set in Hell.Whoever the tortured souls featured in the show originally were, they've each deserved the terrible punishment of living out their existences in a succession of twisted lives and realities - dying in one only causes you to be reborn in another, with your new life reminiscent of the last. Behold:
- In "Murder House", Jessica Lange's character suffered the death of her child in a hit-and-run; in "Asylum", she is tortured by the memory of killing a child in a hit-and-run.
- In "Murder House", Dylan Mc Dermott's character was a doctor; in "Asylum", he regrets not having gone to medical school.
- In "Murder House", Zachary Quinto's character is openly gay; in "Asylum", he is a doctor who specialises in behaviour-modification treatment for homosexuality, among other things.
American Horror Story is one long Satanic ritual, and Season four will take place in Minnesota, probably in a mansion near Lake Superior.
- Season one, "Murder House", was set on the West Coast in California.
- Season two, "Asylum", was set on the East Coast in New England.
- Season three, "Coven" is set on the Gulf Coast in Louisiana in the Deep South.
- Season four, then, would complete the inverted cross pattern and be set in a Midwestern state that is north-centrally located within the contiguous US and has a coastline. Hence, Minnesota.
- At the end of season four, Satan himself will emerge in Missouri, where the lines connecting the four seasons intersect, leading to season five.
- Season four might take place in New Jersey. Slender Man, the Jersey Devil and aliens although they might be different than the ones from season two, and apparently there's supposedly a gateway to hell in that state.
Any and all characters in AMHS are trapped in a horrible, circular hell. There is no escaping it.
- You might be right, each season uses 90% of the same actors for different roles. They might end up being eternally damned souls doomed to be stuck in one horrible situation (season) after another with no end or escape.
Constance is a renegade Time Lord, using the fob watch often and well to hide from The Doctor and various alien allies.
- Makes sense. Sister Jude (Time Lord Constance) used her fob watch to become someone else after she came into contact with the aliens. What reason did the aliens have to seek her our besides some type of revenge?
- Or, a non-Doctor Who example: Constance herself is Satan and while she won't be in Season 5 proper, she will appear in the very last episode, when whatever evils finally succeed and bring the devil into the world. And it will be awesome. Even cooler if it is her 'son' the Anti-Christ who brings his true mother into the world.
Season 4 will feature vampires and werewolves.Since the series is deliberately zeroing in on the common themes of Western horror pop culture, and the Zombie Apocalypse is already sort of taken right now, and we've already had ghosts, demons and witches, Fur Against Fang seems like the next obvious trope to exploit.
Everyone is in heaven....it's just that they're all masochists. They're loving every second of this shit.
Eventually there will be a sequel season.Given that this show could literally run forever with it's current format, eventually there's no reason they wouldn't decide to revisit a previous group of characters. Sure, most seasons end on Kill 'em All, but so what? They have ghosts.
- Confirmed: Freak Show is a prequel to Asylum.
Season 5 will be about stage magicians.It has been hinted that a "top hat" icon shown on a coffee mug in season 4 is the hint to the theme of season 5.
Season 5 will be about a conspiracy about Alien Invaders.
- Freak Show takes place in Jupiter, Florida.
- Jessica Lange plays Elsa Mars and sings David Bowie's Life On Mars song.
- In the finale, Massimo builds wooden towns to be destroyed by nuclear weapon testing.
- The season that makes a direct connection to Freak Show is Asylum, which introduced the aliens that abducted Kit Walker's wife.
- It's the fifth season. So, the next new episode would be Season Five, Episode 1...like Area 51? That one's a stretch, humor me.
- This season focused on human "freaks". What better follow up than "normal" people going insane about odd looking aliens who appear on screen less than they do?
Season 5 will be about nuclear testing in Nevada.
- The only confirmed clue we have is a picture of a top hat; "Operation Top Hat" was a nuclear/chemical warfare testing exercise in the 50s.
- Massimo mentions nuclear testing and building fake cities, which greatly deteriorated his health, in the Freak Show finale.
- People have pointed out name parallels to The Hills Have Eyes and Freak Show, with there being characters named Papa Jupiter (Jupiter, Florida), Mars (Elsa Mars), and Ethel (Ethel Darling). Might be a bit of a stretch, but it almost seems too close to not have some kind of meaning.
- Ryan Murphy previously mentioned that they were debating between filming in New Orleans (again) or in New Mexico for the next season.
- Around the tupperware party house, framed pictures of mushroom clouds can be seen.
- Jimmy apparently wanted to dress up as a soldier for Halloween, possibly foreshadowing a military (testing) theme.
- Jossed. Season five will be AHS: Hotel.
- To be fair, until we know more details besides the name, the hotel could be anywhere, or fit into any theme. Time will tell what kind of horror specifically the new season will be going for but it's a bit early to jump to conclusions based on name alone.
There will eventually be a season based off of The Cthulhu Mythos.It will be called 'American horror story: The deep ones.' And it will feature Bryan Cranston as Herbert West.
- Jossed. Season five will be AHS: Hotel.
- Plus, Lady Gaga is going to star in it. I doubt they would add Cranston in as well.
The "Hotel" in question in season 5 will be the infamous Garden Of Allah.
Season Seven will end with Stevie Nicks returning for a refrain.I certainly hope it won't mark the end of the show, but you have to admit that if they wanted everyone to flip out they could show us a montage of seven seasons set to Seven Wonders. Yes, AHS fans, you've seen seven wonders! More to come! Jessica Lange wouldn't haven't returned for Coven, as she was fully redeemed, and Dylan Mc Dermott and Zachary Quinto would have, since they were both Ax-Crazy. Bassett and Bates probably WOULD HAVE BEEN free after Coven, except Papa Legba dragged them back.
Hotel will take place in the Weird West.This seems long overdue. A haunted hotel just seems too bland by this show's standards. But, a haunted hotel in the wild west? Now, that's a story! Think off all the creatures from native american folklore they could include, or badass historical figures like Wyatt Earp, or Billy the kid, or Calamity Jane. Sam Elliot could guest star as the sheriff or something. Maybe the local bar tender is a Vampire, maybe a serial killer is scalping prostitutes, and a Apache tribe is being framed. The possibilities are endless!