The Alphas and Omegas don't really "eat together".Many have called Research Fail in respect to that line, but it might not be meant to be taken literally. Have we seen any class mixing at mealtime (the scene with Lilly excluded)? Given Wolf Society, meal time is most likely like a buffet, you all eat from the same source, and eat in the same general area, but some people have to be at the back of the line.
Eve is the wolf version of Chuck Norris
- When Eve kills Cariboo (because "Hunting" suggests a possiblility of failure), it's only Eve that Kills Cariboo.
- Eve can castrate a male by strangulation.
- When the two Granola She-Wolves' were first exposed to the world of Hunting, Eve was their guide. Obviously the event truamatized them.
- Also, all potential mates had to fight Eve to a draw in order to be her's. Winston didn't win, but won by default due to being the only male to survive the ordeal.
Kate and Humphrey are Flo's biological parents.Kate says that Humphrey is a coyote. Red wolves may be coyote-wolf hybrids. It's just barely possible.
- And what, Dr. Bowman used gods-know-how-many-centuries old frozen plasm instead of the fresh kind? More likely she's a (very) distant descendant.
- Following that logic, maybe Stella from Over the Hedge was reincarnated as Lily.
The official photos of Humphrey, Kate, and Lilly take place after the movie.The characters look a lot more mature than they were in the film and this might explain Kate's extensive hair length.
Once upon a time, there was a werewolf, who, while in wolf form, mated with a real wolf. The wolves in this movie are desendents of this Interspecies Romance.That should explain the Anime Hair, the somewhat human-looking faces and why the wolf pack doesn't work like a real wolf pack.
Humphrey will become a de-facto pack leader.It will not be officially recognized, since the wolves in this film officially link leadership with aggression. But if we discount that major, Humphrey is a more natural leader. He and his Omega friends in his pack were a pack in themselves. They worked together — or rather, played together seriously — and were very close to each other. Humphrey was the leader of this sub-pack. He was held responsible for their actions as a group, he was recognized as such within the group, and he did not lose status in his group for long even when he had made stupider decisions than usual. His skills and charisma carry over with Kate during the real crises; if certain events of the film had happened where every wolf could see them, and if he had wanted to, he could have seized control of the pack from Kate... Though he is not that kind of leader. Kate cannot lead the pack on her own. A major requirement of leadership is leading. When Kate gives orders to other non-Omega members of her pack in serious crises, they don't obey! She was very fortunate to be the favorite daughter of Eve...