Ryo Mizuhara is an Ordinary High-School Student, happily living alone with his younger sister Akane... until one day a mysterious girl in jet-powered parachute crashes through their window. The beautiful Shizuka Masuda introduces herself as Ryo's new fiancé, selected by a supercomputer under a secret, experimental government project to address the declining birthrate. Between Shizuka's self-defense instincts and her Men in Black army, Ryo doesn't have a choice.Cue wacky romantic comedy hijinks as Shizuka does her best to integrate herself into Ryo's life and win his heart.Adapted from a Princess Soft Visual Novel, it consists of 13 half-length episodes which aired alongside W~Wish (also from Princess Soft) during the "Princess Hour."
Final Approach provides examples of:
- BFG — Shizuka's Light Antitank Weapon.
- Bi the Way — Miki. Wouldn't mind sharing body heat with Emiho and certainly wouldn't mind a relationship with Ryo.
- Bishōnen — Haruki "Haru" Murasaki, the cafe owner. According to him, his job is to sit in the cafe and look pretty to attract
Fangirlscustomers. For this reason, he keeps the fact that he's dating the waitress Yurika a secret.
- Ryo, simply because of the story's cosmetic standard.
- Bishoujo — Design aesthetic used for Akane, Emiho, Miki, Shizuka and all the other schoolgirls.
- Brother-Sister Incest — Nothing physical happens, but Ryo and Akane are WAY too close, although it's generally played for laughs. When the girls of the series competed to see who'd get to play the role of Ryo's bride, Akane insisted on taking part too.
- Dynamic Entry — Done in the first few minutes of the first episode, no less.
- Generic Cuteness — Every young adult in Final Approach is good-looking.
- The Men in Black — Acting as Shizuka's personal army.
- The Ojou — Shizuka and, to a lesser extent, Emiho.
- Parental Abandonment — The current lifestyle of Ryo and Akane has been quickly explained to be caused by the death of their parents in a freak accident.
- Parental Marriage Veto — This is the reason for the setup of the story as Shizuka's grandfather is using his enormous wealth to get his granddaughter to marry the grandson of the woman he lost due to Parental Marriage Veto..
- Parental Neglect — Shizuka's dad. His indifference towards his daughter is the actual reason Shizuka left to find someone else to be with, much to the approval of her more caring grandfather.
- Parental Substitute — Haruki.
- Satellite Love Interest — Shizuka. No reason other than it's because of Ryo, Ryo and Ryo.
- Super-Deformed — Quite often.
- Tsundere — Miki. Slighty hinted when her concern for Ryo was brought up.
- Unwanted Harem — Loosely, Emiho, Miki, Shizuka and Akane are romantically involved with Ryo in varying degrees.
- Unwanted Spouse — Shizuka. Ryo slowly (and bitterly) learns to appreciate her presence. After the show's Wham! Episode, they become an Official Couple.
- Where Does Shizuka Get All Those Wonderful Toys? — Answer: She's an Ojou.
- Yamato Nadeshiko — Shizuka. She lampshaded this in her introduction.