The first numbered sequel
to Corpse Party
, Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient
focuses on a new central cast. The first chapter was released in Japan on May 29th, 2013.
Ayame Itou, a student of Minazuki Academy High School
, has recently wound up at Amare Patriarcha Crucis Hospital. In order to cheer her up, her childhood friend Chiyomi's convinced several of their classmates from 1-5 to come along with her for a nice visit.
However, a surreal incident unfolds. Out of nowhere, a woman and her daughter suffer a brutal death... at the mother's own hands. And then, while those around them are still reacting with shock, the daughter leaps to her feet and starts screaming
But Ayame's unaware of any of this when she wakes up. In fact, she doesn't remember anything at all
. All she knows is that she woke up Strapped to an Operating Table
, and as she tries to figure out what happened, she swiftly discovers that she and everyone else still trapped in Amare Patriarcha Crucis Hospital have been caught in a waking nightmare. Ghosts and corpses now freely roam the halls, and the living may prove just as dangerous...
This game contains examples of:
- Abandoned Hospital: Amare Patriarcha Crucis Hospital.
- A House Divided: Not all of the survivors get along, or agree upon the best way to keep surviving the incident.
- Air-Vent Passageway: Used to escape the Nurse's Office.
- All in a Row: Anyone accompanying you will follow behind in this manner, which can make dodging angry spirits and zombies a bit trickier.
- Art-Style Dissonance: You have 3D, Graphics-Induced Super-Deformed cutesy characters suffering bloody, horrifying deaths.
- Big Damn Heroes:
- In Chapter 1, Ryuuji comes charging in with a broom just when things look bad... and gets thrown across the room and into the door, jamming it shut.
- The Dead Have Names: Following Corpse Party tradition, Ayame can find name tags scattered throughout the hospital. This time around, however, most are found just lying about in the open, instead of actually having to example their corpses. An understandable change, really, given how most of said bodies are up lumbering around...
- Decapitation Presentation: In one of Chapter 1's Wrong Ends, Ayame gets to see one of the zombies turn around with what's left of Satomi's head still in its mouth.
- Driven to Suicide: In addition to the incident mentioned above, Ayame encounters a woman in the process of hanging herself.
- Eaten Alive: A distressingly common fate.
- Fan Disservice: Part of the true end of Chapter 1: Ayame getting her top pulled up while she screams is creepy enough, but seeing exactly what's underneath her shirt...
- Heroic BSOD: Ayame has several minor breakdowns throughout Chapter 1, but witnessing the Decapitation Presentation combined with Chiyomi getting swarmed causes her to completely shut down.
- Gas Mask Mooks: There's guys in full blue and black riot gear running around, and they aren't too friendly towards survivors.
- Improvised Weapon: Crutches and brooms may not be the recommended weapons of choice against reanimated corpses, but you take whatever you can get.
- Late to the Tragedy: Ayame appears to have Slept Through the Apocalypse.
- Not Your Problem: Part of the conflict Chapter 1 turns on: given the situation, should Ayame's group really put themselves at risk looking for other survivors? Ritsuko doesn't think so, and argues against getting involved.
- Previous Player-Character Cameo: Ayumi appears in the Prologue, implying that they survive the upcoming events of Blood Drive.
- Puzzle Boss: Encounters with particularly large monsters play out this way, such as Ayame having to figure out how to lure a massive zombie under the operating lamps and make him fall over so his stomping won't switch them back off.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Seen on whatever the HELL came after Ayame in the first office.
- Sequel Number Snarl: Blood Covered was followed up by Book of Shadows, and has another immediate sequel titled Blood Drive currently in development. Dead Patient is actually set after Blood Drive.
- Strapped to an Operating Table: How Ayame finds herself when she first awakens. Later, she helps strap a massive zombie onto that same table.
- Thousand-Yard Stare: Poor Ayumi doesn't appear to have dealt with all the horrors of Tenjin Elementary well.
- Title Drop: At the end of the first chapter: "You are Dead Patient!"
- Tomato in the Mirror: "You are Dead Patient!"
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: One of the first things Ayame does after getting off the table is drop to the floor and puke.
- Weakened by the Light: The monsters tend to react poorly to light.
- Zombie Apocalypse: Given the amount of corpses walking around, with the odd ghost thrown into the mix...