Video Game / Warrior Cats: Untold Tales
"You've read the books. You know the cats. But one story remains untold — YOURS."
A fanmade game based on the Warrior Cats
series made by Falcon_Star. It can be downloaded here
. In it, you can play as a cat of ThunderClan, WindClan, RiverClan or ShadowClan (no SkyClan
). You also have the potential to become a rogue or a kittypet
This Game Provides Examples Of:
- Artificial Stupidity: If an enemy cat tries to attack you, it will try to go through obstacles rather than around them (to reach you).
- Back from the Dead: Most warriors who die will randomly reincarnate.
- Battle in the Rain: These can occur.
- Cool Old Guy: George
- Dogs Are Dumb: The only way to kill a dog is to lure it on the road, and it will let itself die. (CPU cats are smart enough to run.)
- Easily Forgiven: While it costs some reputation just to be allowed to become a kittypet in the first place, if you do so, then return to your clan, nothing will have changed and you'll be accepted back in as if nothing had happened.
- Fetch Quest: If you speak to your Clan's medicine cat or a queen, they'll ask you to find a specific herb or item for the kits to play with.
- Flip-Screen Scrolling
- Guilt-Based Gaming: The game really tries to make you feel like a bastard if you become a kittypet, then want to run back to the clans.
- Let's not forget what happens to Fuzzy when you become a kittypet and allow Thrash into the closet.
- Instant Gravestone: Killing a cat will make a tombstone instantly appear in its place.
- Karma Meter: Also serves as currency.
- Not Allowed to Grow Up: The kits in the nursery will never grow up. This used to apply to your apprentice and your own kit, but now they, too, will become warriors.
- One-Hit KO: Being run over by a monster, or walking into another clan's camp.
- Technically not being hit with a monster. If you get out of the way quickly and have a lot of health, you can survive.
- Purely Aesthetic Gender: Your character.
- Well, it becomes important, when you have to choose a mate - you can only mate with cats of the opposite sex.
- Roaming Enemy: There are plenty of these, although some aren't enemies, like the very rare Ember.
- Rule of Cool: Unlockable pelt colors such as Tiger
- Start My Own: If you play as a rogue you have the option of starting your own Clan, though it's not the same as a real clan (no medicine cat, for one thing).
- Thou Shalt Not Kill: Averted. While it's mentioned that Killing Bite is "considered dishonorable by most cats," there are no in-game consequences for killing other cats, whether through the Killing Bite or through murdering a downed enemy.
- Video Game Cruelty Potential: After you knock out a cat and it's helpless and harmless, you have the option to kill it by continuing to damage it.
- Wide Open Sandbox: Apart from the tutorials, there's no set objective. You can explore, hunt, battle, collect herbs for the medicine cat, become a rogue or kittypet, find a mate, etc.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: In Thunderclan on your first play through you meet Treekit and Fiercekit. The two are never heard from again after you grow up and are never mentioned by anyone.
- An update revealed that Fiercekit has joined BloodClan under the name Fierce. Treekit's whereabouts have become something of a meme on the game forums.
- Easter Egg: Plenty. Some include having to rescue a kit from your Clan in the winter and the name you recieve if you attempt to rename your character 'Falconstar'.