So many vectors!Vector Vendetta
is a casual Shoot 'em Up
game featuring vectors
. On the first screen, a trio of triangles circle around randomly, until you shoot them. On each subsequent screen, more vectors appear, and a new type of enemy is added. For instance, there's the Snipe, which stays on the edges of the screen and shoots at you, the Aster, which splits in two when hit, and eventually the BFG. Thankfully, some enemies drop little stars when killed, which invoke a Gradius
-like system of powerups that can increase your speed, defense, and firing power, or unleash a powerful one-shot weapon.
A freeware game by Crystal Shard
, it can be downloaded here
. Perhaps surprisingly, it is created in Adventure Game Studio
, despite not containing any adventure game elements or indeed any sprites.
- Asteroids Monster - the aptly named Aster.
- Back from the Dead - the Schro.
- Bullet Hell - Xaos, Chell and Schro are particularly prone to this.
- Chekhov's Skill - the first powerup, Warp, isn't all that useful in normal levels, but is extremely helpful against the boss monster.
- Demonic Spider - the BFG.
- Flying Brick - literally, the Brick.
- For Massive Damage - obviously, shoot the eyes out of the UAO.
- Final Boss - the UAO.
- Immune to Bullets - the Surge. Also, as long as a Prime is around, every other enemy.
- Interface Screw - the Strobe occasionally blanks out your screen.
- Invincible Minor Minion - the Brick.
- Mook Maker - the Neumann. Also, the UAO creates a bunch of mooks when its eyes are shot.
- Mook Promotion - the Wonk 2.0 and the Vulture are both upgrades of the first Wonk. Also, Chell is really an upgraded Snipe.
- More Dakka - various powerups, particularly the chaingun and spreadfire.
- No Kill Like Overkill - the Nuke weapon.
- One-Hit Kill - do not let the UAO grab you with its claw.
- Shout-Out - the Chell.
- Synthetic Voice Actor - who names your powerups, in case you're too busy with the enemies to pay attention to your status bar.
- Timed Mission - stall too long, and the crosshair of doom will appear, and chase you until you die.
- Tractor Beam - the Magnus.
- Turns Red - when one of the UAO's eyes is shot, its others increase their rate of fire.