Valley of Unicorns
is an adoptables site that takes place in the Celestial Vale
universe. Like its sister game, it revolves around collecting and breeding pets, but it lacks the competition system and complex genetics. While Celestial Vale contains a diverse array of species, the Valley is home only to equines.
Valley of Unicorns provides examples of:
- All There in the Manual: What little information there is on the Valley and its inhabitants has been revealed by Word of God on the forums, as opposed to being stated in the game itself.
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: The rule, rather than the exception. Four of the six species have "natural" colors, but it's much more common to see a brightly-colored horse. Arguably justified, since they are fantasy species.
- Bedsheet Ghost: Last Minute Costume is a limited edition unicorn color.
- Cats Are Mean: Not mean exactly, but Temple Cat cares about money above all else. It's implied that he steals eggs from their mothers in order to stock his shop.
- Celestial Body: Mystic Void alicorns.
- Cool Horse: All six species.
- Creepy Cool Crosses: The Bearing Roses pegasus has one on its flank.
- Eagleland: Flavor 1 was the focus of the Fourth of July 2013 event.
- Everything's Better with Rainbows: The Rainbow, Prism, and Rainbow Heaven colorations.
- Fishing Minigame: This was the basis of the site's first special event.
- Fishing for Sole: Players were guaranteed to catch something, but more often than not, they got trash.
- Gem-Encrusted: Birthstone horses, most notably the Amethyst pegasus.
- Green Thumb: Mystic Forest alicorns can make plants grow anywhere they want. Gardeners often keep them for this reason.
- Hellish Horse: A few colors, but the Possessed pegasus stands out.
- Mechanical Horse: Silver Cyborg and Rusty Cyborg unicorns.
- Microtransactions: Users can spend real money on gold coins, which are used to buy special horses.
- Our Fairies Are Different: Spring fairies are horses with fairy wings.
- Our Gargoyles Rock: There is a Gargoyle pegasus.
- Pegasus: As shown in the page image, this is an available species.
- Rearing Horse: The most common pose of adult pegasi.
- The Mimicry, Duck Duck Goose, Starcatcher, and Heartstrings colorations are explicitly based on My Little Pony characters.
- The Strawberry Avalanche coloration is named after an Owl City song.
- Single Gender Race: Paaefarin are all male, and heraldic unicorns are all female.
- Spin-Off: Of Celestial Vale.
- The Tragic Rose: The Bearing Roses, Lost Love, and Granite and Roses colors.
- Unicorn: Comes in regular and heraldic flavors.
- Winged Unicorn: Alicorns were one of the three original species, and were much more difficult to obtain in the site's early days.