List of Indie Games Featured
The game provides examples of:
- Big Boo's Haunt: The course Whispering Garden, based on the game Whispering Willows.
- Edible Ammunition: The items in the game are different types of food that can be used against other racers.
- Melons are fired in a straight arc and will ricochet off walls for a limited time. Racers can receive one or three of them.
- Ice Cream causes any racer running over it to spin out and slow down.
- The Exploding Pineapple causes anyone coming into contact with it to spin out and stop; can be placed from behind or shot forward.
- The Loconut homes in on the closest racer it can reach.
- Everything's Better with Rainbows: Runbow Road, based on Runbow. The racers can fall off the course when a part of the road has the same color as the sky.
- Gotta Catch 'Em All: You can earn Race Stars in each track of a Grand Prix by collecting a certain number of Race Jewels, getting the Golden Shroom(s), and get 1st place. The numbers depend on the race class selected.
- Nitro Boost: The Double Chili and Triple Pepper items.
- Rank Inflation: The game goes from F to A to A***, depending on how many Race Stars you have earned during a Grand Prix.
- Super Star: Whenever you collect the Golden Shroom (or Golden Shrooms in later classes), you will receive a temporary invincibility boost.
- Under the Sea: The Shutshimi track Seaweed Speedway. There are plenty of electric jellyfishes on and off the track that will spin racers out if they run into them.