Video Game / Sonic Web Access
Once upon a time, there was a videogame character called Sonic the Hedgehog
. He was prosperous, an idol, a sex-symbol
and the Nº1 Mr. Fanboy. However, as the years went by, he slowed down...
His games became plagued with demons, princesses
. So bad was the situation that the governments declared Sonic to be dangerous to society
, forcing Sega to trap him inside their computers.
Inside the cyber world, a dangerous creature declared his plans to conquer the world with the most wretched memes
. It was the legendary Tails Doll
. With help from Tails and Knuckles, Sonic sets out to defeat Tails Doll, passing through various Brazilian Sonic fansites along the way.
That's the storyline of Sonic Web Access
, a 2009 fangame made in GameMaker by Pedro Silva. The game's levels are very vertical and all of them are based on Brazilian Sonic fansites such as Power Sonic
and Portal Sonic
This game contains examples of:
- A.I. Roulette: The battles against Amy, Dr. Long Hair, and Tails Doll.
- All Your Base Are Belong to Us: A variation of the famous scene appears during the first cutscene.
- Big Bad: Tails Doll.
- Boss Rush: Available after beating the game once.
- Creator Provincialism: The game's levels are all based on Brazilian fansites. The developer is from Portugal, though.
- Creepy Doll/Demonic Dummy: Tails Doll.
- Dummied Out: There's a menu for DLC levels, but the author never made those.
- Eleventh Hour Super Power: Before the final battle, Sonic suddenly turns super. Tails Doll blames Microsoft's bugs.
- Game-Breaking Bug: It's possible to do such massive damage to the Giant Enemy Crab that he gets knocked out of the screen. Sadly, he doesn't actually die, which makes the battle unwinnable.
- Game-Over Man: Tails Doll.
- Giant Enemy Crab: It's one of the bosses. Hit its weak point for massive damage... but not too much...
- Guide Dang It: Referenced. The Barrel of Doom from Sonic 3 is a boss and causes Sonic to freak out. It turns out to not be so hard, though.
- Mythology Gag: Much of the game's humor is this.
- Nightmare Face: The Damned Blonde becomes monstruous upon running low on HP.
- No Ending: After Sonic kills the Tails Doll, a Sega employee turns the computer off. The End.
- Shoo Out the Clowns: Near the end, Tails and Knuckles are "downloaded", taking them out of the story.
- Tactical Suicide Boss: Tails Doll is invincible until he throws his POWER BOX FROM GOD at Sonic. What's strange is that he doesn't even bother to aim at Sonic.
- A Winner is You: So you beat the Boss Rush, champ? Big deal.