Video Game: Sheep Happens
Oh my Zeus!Sheep Happens
is an endless runner iOS game
about Perseus, Hermes, and lots and lots of sheep.
Perseus was about to partake in a race at the Olympics when Hermes flies over and offers him some magic sandals. Wanting the edge, Perseus gladly buys them, but doesn't see that Hermes' fingers are crossed
. When he runs past the finish line, Persus realizes the sandals are cursed and he can't stop running. Wanting revenge, he chases down Hermes; running through hurdles, other runners, sheep, and more obstacles just to punch the cheating god in the face.
Sheep Happens contains examples of:
- And Your Reward Is Clothes: There is a chance that beating up Hermes will give you a hat. Some of the hats actually enhance you in addition to looking cool.
- Baa Bomb: A variation happens with the balls made of tied up sheep. The sheep themselves don't explode, but the sheep are sent flying when the ball is jumped on.
- Badass Mustache: Perseus sports a fine mustache and can punch the crap out of gods.
- Berserk Button: Once Perseus spots Hermes, he will stop looking scared and gets furious; determined to catch the cheater.
- From Bad to Worse: Every time Perseus catches Hermes, the backgrounds get more and more apocalyptic. At first, Zeus appears and makes a dormant volcano erupt, then Charon crashes through a mountain and unleashes zombies from Hades on Earth, then the Titans appear and try to destroy everything. All the while, the Olympics are still going on and Perseus is still running after Hermes.
- Funny Background Event: The backgrounds have lots of things going on in them that change constantly. From simple things like a cyclops eating a bucket of sheep to Charon crashing his boat through the side of a mountain.
- Giggling Villain: Hermes' little "hehehehehe!" at the start of the race and occasionally throughout.
- Goomba Stomp: Perseus can jump on the heads of other runners in his way. He can rack up combos by jumping on several runners in a row without touching the ground. If he does this with a sheep he'll start surfing the sheep.
- Meaningful Name: If you expect a game called Sheep Happens to have sheep, you will definitely not be disappointed. There are sheep on the track, weightlifters lifting barbells made of sheep, people playing tug o' war with sheep, and even sheepacabra that will chase you at night.
- Oh, Crap: "Oh no! My feet don't obey me!"
- Oh My Gods!: More like "Oh my Zeus!".
- Our Monsters Are Weird: And sheep themed too. In addition to the classic monstersof Greek Mythology, there's Hermes' flying black sheep, flea sheep that bounce, sheeptaurs (human upper halfs, sheep lower halfs), and the sheepacabra, green nocturnal creatures that will latch onto Perseus' head and impede his jumping and gliding.
- Power-Up: There are magnets to attract coins and shields that add an extra hitpoint. You can purchase extra hearts at the start of the game.
- Power Up Mount:
- Sheep, of course, are all over the track and can be ridden on. Perseus can't glide while riding one, but it gives him an extra hitpoint.
- The Christmas update introduces bouncy flea sheep that bounce instead of run. Pressing the jump button makes them bounce prematurely.
- Shot in the Ass: If you lose and choose not to continue, then one of Hermes' flying sheep will shoot Perseus in the buttcheeks with a huge arrow.
- Perseus' chest hair is shaped like Superman's Chest Insignia
- One of the runners is a bald, angry, goatee-wearing man with a tattoo on his face. Much like Kratos from God of War.
- The magnet hat is shaped like Magneto's helmet from X-Men.
- Shown Their Work: Athena is shown sprouting out Zeus' head fully grown, just like how she was born in the Greek myths.
- Trash Talk: Hermes will sometimes pop up on the other side of the screen just to insult and laugh at you.
- Unexpected Gameplay Change: Once you catch up to Hermes, grabbing him will initiate a minigame where you punch out the god while fending off his flying sheep. Winning the fight will give you coins, a power-up, or a hat.
- Video Game Flight: Perseus can use his cape to glide. If he get hurt with his cape on, he'll lose it and his ability to glide. The cape can be reacquired, though.
- Video Game Settings
- Lethal Lava Land/Fire and Brimstone Hell: The Halloween update adds the underworld as a place Perseus can run through. This place is full of zombie runners and of course, sheep. The zombies can chase Perseus, forcing him to run in the middle of the screen and making obstacles come at him sooner.
- Slippy-Slidey Ice World: The Christmas Update adds an ice stadium with an ice rink in the background. The only obstacles here are Bottomless Pits that take Perseus back to the regular stadium. There's no sheep on the track, but there are sheep and Sheeptaurs skating on the backgrounds ice rink.
- Weakened by the Light: The nocturnal sheepacabra poof away when the sun comes up.