Video Game / Poke 646
is a Half-Life
gamemod. The Half-Life
Thirteen months after the Black Mesa incident, the research facility has been shut down. The nation never got to know anything about the experiments there, and the governement created a organisation specificly to handle "Alien Related Topics". The name of that organisation is Poke 646
Unfortunately aliens are invading Nation City with portals, and Damien Reeves is the only Poke 646
member who didn´t evacuate, due to an accident. Guided by a man named Dr. Sebastian Fuller through Poke646s
radio transmitter, he must turn on 4 generators in the city to stop the portals from coming.
Five years after the mods release, Poke 646: Vendetta
was created, which takes place right where the predecessor left off.
This game mod takes place in same universe as Half-Life, therefore same tropes apply. Poke 646 provides examples of:
- Abnormal Ammo: The Xen Squasher is an alien that must be fed with candy in order to shoot goey projectiles.
- Absurdly Spacious Sewer: Below Nation City, in which it is possible to get lost.
- Apocalyptic Log
- Bag of Spilling: Between Poke 646 and Poke 646 Vendetta.
- Bland-Name Product: Poke 646`s own vending machines are full of them. You can guess what a bottle of Poke is.
- Broken Bridge
- Crate Expectations
- Downer Ending: The first one.
- Edible Ammunition: The Xen Squashers candy, again.
- Emergency Weapon: Damien´s melee weapon is a heater pipe, and he uses the Poke 646´s drills as nailguns.
- Exclusive Enemy Equipment: Throughout the mod, the closest thing to a automatic gun you find is a nail gun fed by drum magazines. In Poke 646: Vendetta you finally get to pick up the assault rifles carried by the soldiers.
- Faceless Goons: Some of the soldiers doing the cleanup.
- Flunky Boss: The Robot at the end of Vendetta.
- Gangsta Style: You can do this with the nail pistol, which lowers the accuracy and heightens the fire rate. But because the weapon in question looks like a big blue drill, it does not look cool.
- Heroic Mime
- Hope Spot: The man sent to find you with a armored tank... he doesn't last long.
- Immune to Bullets: The Giant robot guardians made by Poke 646.
- Insurmountable Waist-Height Fence: Averted. You can double jump over them with the shotgun, all the way to the edge of the map. The expansion Vendetta however, gave us...
- Mad Libs Dialogue
- Made of Explodium: Get some safe distance if you plan on turning on the microwave.
- Mythology Gag: A book is found aboard the space station called,"How i Survived Black Mesa" written by Barney Calhoun.
- Nail 'Em
- Noob Bridge
- Pipe Pain: A gas pipe is picked up and used as the mod's melee weapon. Incorporates a unique (for the time) mechanic where, if used too many times in a row, will cause you to weaken and tire from exhaustion.
- Recoil Boost: Done by firing the shotgun at the ground while in the air, making a useful double jump.
- Short-Range Shotgun
- Two of the offices in one of the buildings belong to a [[Franchise/Superman L. Lane and a C. Kent]]
- Teleporting Keycard Squad
- The Reveal: The generators are meant to destroy Xen, and the Xen creatures aren't normally hostile. It's all a conspiracy pulled by Poke 646.
- Two Shots from Behind the Bar: Yes. Behind the bar is a nice shotgun you can pick up, and conveniently aliens teleport in.
- Voice with an Internet Connection: Sebastian keeps contact with Damien by the use of radios placed around the city.