Video Game / Scientist Slaughterhouse
A Game Mod
, created by Denix Lenelli. The story, if anyone is interested, puts Gordon Freeman (the player) as an agent of an advanced weapons corporation called Death & Destruction Inc.
(DDI). DDI on the other hand takes orders from an alien military force known as the Nephilim Alliance (NA), originating from an alternate dimension. The problem is loads of scientists are appearing out of nowhere and they need someone to get rid of them. The game is straight forward, just kill the scientist from 'Half-Life
'', either through the weapons you can pick up or various hazards found on the map itself. Now has an Items
page in need of some wiki love
Tropes of Scientist Slaughterhouse:
- Alliterative Title: Scientist Slaughterhouse.
- BFS: It will cut a scientist in half! Or cut his head clean off!
- Butt-Monkey: The Scientists that are killed in a variety of ways.
- Earth-Shattering Kaboom: The Independence Day -esqe mother ship has a death beam which You take the steps to prime it (Or You could just simply press the Auto-death button), you use it to destroy a scientist asteroid base, so its more of an "Asteroid Shattering Kaboom"
- Frickin' Laser Beams:
- The laser pistol, the secondary trigger fires a "Forceweb" that, depending on the color, will throw scientists around (Red), make them flail before splatting into pieces (Green), or drill them into the ground (Blue).
- A laser rifle can either fire 5 simultaneous beams that refract off walls, or a laser that shoots through walls
- Freeze Ray:
- Freeze the scientists then break them into pieces.
- Light blue hornets also freeze, although slower.
- So many of the weapons would be overpowered if it were standard Half-Life, be it single or multiplayer deathmatch.
- Subverted, the hostile version of the NA Agent is a lot more overpowered than your weapons.
- Have a Nice Death:
- The non-Steam version will display death messages such as "Gordon Freeman shot Walter in the stomach with 9mm pistol", "Einstein was sliced by a giant blade (Ouch thats gotta hurt ;-)"
- The Steam version however does not display them. You can still view them with the console
- High-Pressure Blood: Blowing a scientist head off will emit a stream of blood from the head that flew off.
- Kill Sat: The satchel charges "Sattelite Rain" mode.
- Lightning Gun: A tesla rifle that can fire a stream of lightning, or to attract lightning to a scientist and blow his head off. Secondary Fire fires chain lightning and it can also be used to power up tesla coils, a la Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 & 3, to shoot explosive, yellow lightning.
- Ludicrous Gibs: Pretty much any weapons past the first group can do this, let's not get started on the map elements.
- Off with His Head!: Using the BFS does this if aiming to the head.
- What the Hell, Player?: "My god, what are you doing?!"
- Your Head A-Splode: A sufficiently powerful weapon only needs one shot to do this.