Video Game: 101 Shark Pets
101 Shark Pets is a DSiWare pet-raising simulation game by Teyon. As the title suggests, the game has the player taking care of a baby shark pet. This was done by keeping the shark's statistic (health, food, drink, bladder, etc.) high enough. In the meantime, there are various mini-games and the sharks can be trained for shows in which the player earns money to take care of the shark.A few months later, Teyon released the same game but with dolphins, 101 Dolphin Pets.
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: Some of the color schemes for the sharks are very bright (e.g. you can adopt pink sharks).
- An Interior Designer Is You
- All Animals Are Dogs: Taking care of the sharks is similar to taking care of dogs, given that you are also taking the shark on a walk (or swim).
- Everything Is Even Worse With Sharks: A rare inversion.
- Guilt-Based Gaming: Surprisingly averted, the game doesn't even run on real time. Though the meter depletes faster than most pet simulators.
- Fluffy the Terrible: If you want to.
- Mini-Game: There are lots of them.
- Not Allowed to Grow Up: The shark will always stay a baby.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: The sharks.
- Rule of Cute: One of the driving forces of the game.
- Video Game Caring Potential/Video Game Cruelty Potential: You can either torture your shark or you can pamper and care for it. The summary of the game in the official site seems to indicate for the latter.